We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heated Pool for exercise in spring, Winelands or Cape Town?

California
Level Contributor
1,128 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Heated Pool for exercise in spring, Winelands or Cape Town?

I'm searching for an accommodation in the Cape Winelands or Cape Town area which is accessible to a heated pool for exercise in springtime. I need to swim laps at least twice a week, as recommended by my doc.

All of our accommodations are booked for our first spring trip to The Western Cape, except for the first 2 nights. We fly into Cape Town, and we were considering sleeping in Franschoek for our first 2 nights. However it's important to have access to a heated pool for exercise for those first 2 nights. Any suggestions for accommodations in Cape Winelands or Cape Town which are conveniently located for use of a heated pool for exercise in springtime?

After those first 2 nights, we head next to the west coast, and then back to Cape Town, then Little Karoo, then Overberg, then fly home via London.

This is our itinerary:

Fly LAX to London

3 nights in London

Fly London to Cape Town

2 nights: _Cape winelands or Cape town??(not booked yet)

3 nights: Paternoster (booked)

3 nights: Cederberg area (booked)

7 nights: Cape Town (booked) (b&b is 5 minutes from a lap pool & gym)

3 nights: Little Karoo (booked)

3 nights: Overberg (booked)

Everything is booked for South Africa, except for those first 2 nights. Thanks for suggestions!

Global African
Level Contributor
37 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heated Pool for exercise in spring, Winelands or Cape Town?

In Cape Town itself, Long Street Swimming Pool, a public pool, is heated.

This is in central Cape Town.

South Africa
Level Contributor
1,579 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heated Pool for exercise in spring, Winelands or Cape Town?

Some hotels have heated pools, such as the Peninsula All Suite Hotel in Sea Point / Green Point. Also, most Virgin Active gym clubs have heated pools but you would have to pay a visitors fee to make use of the gym facilities.

Onne from Wild Wings Safaris

California
Level Contributor
1,128 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heated Pool for exercise in spring, Winelands or Cape Town?

wild-wings and yachtneutron: Thanks for the info on pools.

wild-wings, I'd be happy to pay a visitors fee to use the heated pool at a Virgin Active gym club. I will also look at the Peninsula All Suite Hotel that you mentioned.

We usually prefer friendly guest houses, but I've got to book this accommodation soon, and it either needs to have a heated pool in September, or else it needs to have a heated pool nearby, such as at a gym club. We will have a car.

Thanks for any other suggestions regarding heated pools for September. (-;

Cape Town
Level Contributor
95 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heated Pool for exercise in spring, Winelands or Cape Town?

Both Stellenbosch and Paarl have branches of Virgin Active gym, with an indoor pool, so to stay anywhere in these towns would tick your box regarding spending time in the Winelands too.

Cape Town
Level Contributor
95 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heated Pool for exercise in spring, Winelands or Cape Town?

Both Stellenbosch and Paarl have branches of Virgin Active gym, with an indoor pool, so to stay anywhere in these towns would tick your box regarding spending time in the Winelands too.

Edited: 27 July 2013, 08:55
6. Re: Heated Pool for exercise in spring, Winelands or Cape Town?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2014, 06:21