We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve Dinner in Franschhoek

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
New Years Eve Dinner in Franschhoek

Could anyone weigh in on these NYE options in Franschhoek? Would really appreciate it!

We are a couple in our mid-20s, looking for a somewhat lively evening. (It doesn't have to be crazy)

Reubens - prix fixe for dinner and "live entertainment"

Ryan's Kitchen - regular menu

Mange Tout @ Mont Rochelle - prix fixe with dinner and dancing

Grand provence - dinner and dancing

**Tasting room at Le Quartier is fully booked**

Also, we really wanted to have lunch at Delaire and Graff. I wanted to do it on the 30th, but they are fully booked. Is it too intense to have lunch there and then dinner at one of the above restaurants? (Dinner on the 30th at Delaire is also an option but I had hoped to see the daytime views)

Thanks in advance!!

McGregor, South...
Level Contributor
2,845 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years Eve Dinner in Franschhoek

While Ryan's has excellent food, it may not be liveliest place for NYE as it is a smallish space. Mange Tout and Provence are both 'out of town' so you would need to drive - of the two the latter would be my choice luxurious surroundings but it can be pricey but I expect the NYE bash would be good. If you just want to walk somewhere then depending on what sort of 'entertainment' you want it leaves you with Reubens.

Regarding Delaire, have you looked at their Indochine Restaurant. Alternatively you could just go there for a wine tasting and you will still enjoy the lovely view!

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
8,416 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years Eve Dinner in Franschhoek

I agree completely with Macsym.. I am almost surprised that Reuben's is still available. What I would also suggest is that you show up early enough to have a choice in where you are seated. And do not hesitate to ask for a better location if you are somewhere that seems too close to the kitchen, or waaay away from whatever space has been set aside for the entertainment.

3. Re: New Years Eve Dinner in Franschhoek

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2014, 05:19