We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi to/from Kirstenbosch Summer concert?

Belfast
Level Contributor
159 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi to/from Kirstenbosch Summer concert?

My husband and I have booked tickets to see Oliver Mtukudzi at Kirstenbosch Gardens. We'll be coming from a lunch in Test Kitchen and will be getting a taxi from the restaurant to the gardens (we don't pick up our rental car until the 1st Jan). I feel ok about getting dropped off for the concert, but would like advice on the best place for pick up afterwards, as we want to avoid getting caught up in queues and confusion! Does anyone have any advice? Are we best to prebook, or will there be plenty of taxis waiting? We are staying in Oranjezicht.

Also, we're planning to pick up some snacks (although not sure if we will need them following lunch!) and wine once we get into the gardens. Is that a reasonable plan?

Thanks in advance for your help, everyone. This forum has, as always, proven invaluable in helping us plan our trip. We can't wait!

Lisa

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
3,110 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi to/from Kirstenbosch Summer concert?

Taxi's will be available on the day after the concert and there will be plenty of them there. Snacks for the concert, yes i will suggest that you do have and try to make them lite snacks that you can enjoy with a really good bottle of wine, sounds good. Even though you have had a lunch meal.

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

Belfast
Level Contributor
159 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi to/from Kirstenbosch Summer concert?

Hello Hank,

Thanks for your advice. It is good to hear there will be taxis waiting afterwards. Hopefully getting home won't be too much of a trial!

If anyone has any further advice on which gates to use etc., and where's best to buy a nice bottle of wine, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

3. Re: Taxi to/from Kirstenbosch Summer concert?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2014, 05:18