We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf In Capetown

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
El Dorado Hills, CA.
Level Contributor
52 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Golf In Capetown

Any one played golf in Capetown recently?

Going to be in Cape Town for about 2 weeks first part of April.

Looking for recommendations.

thanks

Mentioned in this post
Cape Town
Cape Town
Western Cape, South Africa
Royal Oak, Tetbury
Level Contributor
8 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf In Capetown

We will be staying at Erinvale shortly which is located at Somerset West, Cape Town. Must book beforehand as they do not allow entry without a previous booking. There are plenty of local golf guides available at any golf club. Arabella is certainly worth a visit if you care to drive for an hour or so. Expensive to stay there but you can base yourselves for a few days at Hermanus which is a lovely spot on the coast (also has a golf course which isn't too expensive|).

Mentioned in this post
Somerset West
Somerset West
Cape Town, South Africa
Hermanus
Hermanus
Overstrand, South Africa
Belfast
Level Contributor
1,965 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golf In Capetown

You may find this useful

http://www.golfoncourse.co.za/index.php

Edited: 18 February 2011, 14:51
Belfast
Level Contributor
1,965 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golf In Capetown

I forgot to add that I have played a few courses around the Western cape. Of those in Cape Town I really enjoyed Milnerton - the views of Table Mountain are wonderful and some of the holes along the coast are really spectacular and very windy !!

Outside of Cape Town if you are looking for really good courses then the best two are arguably Paarl Valley and Fancourt (near George) - these are truly Championship level courses and have hosted many important tournaments such as the Presidents Cup, the South African Open and European Tour events.

One that I have not played but home to the current Open Champion is Mossel Bay which has a very high reputation.

Mentioned in this post
Western Cape
Western Cape
South Africa
Cape Town
Cape Town
Table Mountain
Table Mountain
16,838 Reviews
Table Mountain National Park, South Africa
Paarl
Paarl
George
George
Mossel Bay
Mossel Bay
El Dorado Hills, CA.
Level Contributor
52 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golf In Capetown

Thannk you for the information.

Have fun

5. Re: Golf In Capetown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2012, 18:16