We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife in Camps Bay

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
London, UK
Level Contributor
7 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Nightlife in Camps Bay

I am visiting Cape Town for 10 nights in November13 and looking for some decent high end nightlife near Camps Bay where our villa is. Can anyone advise what clubs and decent bars there are now? I know things have changed since I was last there 4 years ago. I understand the St Yves Beach club has closed..?

Cape Town Central...
Destination Expert
for Camps Bay
Level Contributor
224 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightlife in Camps Bay

Hi,

Nightlife in Camps Bay has slowed down a bit. St Yves is being converted into hotel rooms as we speak, and the venue that operated successfully as Karma is pretty slow.

Cafe Caprice is still very reliable (especially on Sunday nights) but it is a bar, not a club.

Your best bet for late night venues are now all more central. You might want to try Shimmy which opened last season (http://shimmybeachclub.com/). Otherwise Jade in Green Point is decent. Most places are very "night specific", so you need to make sure you get there on the right day of the week.

You best bet is just chatting to some locals on arrival. I'd be of more help if I didn't have two kids under two years old. Nightlife has slowed down a lot recently!

Richard Marshall

Nox Rentals

Luxury Camps Bay Vacation Rentals

London, UK
Level Contributor
7 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nightlife in Camps Bay

Thanks a lot Richard. Appreciate the decent info here. Looking forward to it

3. Re: Nightlife in Camps Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2014, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Camps Bay