We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Marly Hotel: Any insight?

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
138 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
The Marly Hotel: Any insight?

Hey everyone,

I stumbled across this hotel in my search and am wondering if anyone has any information on it. There are only 3 TA reviews, and most of the pictures are renderings (not actual photos) so I'm guessing it's relatively new. It looks great, but it's not cheap, so I would like more info if anyone has heard anything.

Cape Town Central...
Destination Expert
for Camps Bay
Level Contributor
224 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Marly Hotel: Any insight?

Hi Mrs S,

It is brand new (the opening was on 18 December I think). The design is very nice and I've been into the property and I'm impressed with the standard of everything. It is operated by the same team that operate the Alphen Hotel in Constantia which gets pretty high reviews.

I've not met anyone who has stayed there yet, but I'd imagine they'll do a pretty good job.

My only hesitation about the property might be the location (which is both a pro and a con). It is essentially the top level of a retail building, so it sits on the main beach road and above a number of restaurants etc. I'm not sure how it would impact the noise in the rooms etc (although I'd imagine they have provided for it).

On the other hand the location is fantastic for access to the beach and for being close to the bars and restaurants in Camps Bay (if that's what you're looking for).

Enjoy you trip!

Richard Marshall

Nox Rentals

Luxury Cape Town Vacation Rentals

2. Re: The Marly Hotel: Any insight?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2015, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Camps Bay