1) I'm worried about weather (trip date is 29/6/05 - 8/7/05).
Should I be?
2) Thinking about hiring a car in Port Elizabeth, and doing the Garden Route. Can I do this in 5 nights and be happy?
3) Thinkiing about three or four nights in Cape Town. The posts about the Karibou Guest Lodge make it sound perfect for a family. Alternative is to stay in a posh hotel on the waterfront.
4) Would do day trips from Cape Town lodgings - wine country, Table Mountain, whatever ...
5) I'm a photographer, so that figures into all of this, somehow.
6) Budget, while important, is secondary to maximizing enjoyment, education, and memories.
7) Somebody suggested hiring guide and car for Cape Town portion of trip?. Make any sense?
Comments, suggestions, and foolish assumption piercing all welcome.