We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon Hotel "on the beach"

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon Hotel "on the beach"

My fiance' and I are looking to honeymoon for a week in SA. We haven't ever visited Africa and we were told that SA was a good place to start. I have personally chosen Cape Town because of all of the wonderful things that I have heard about it.

We want to find a (luxury) hotel that is directly on the beach (we are beach people). We figure that we'll tour the city but we want to wake up and go to sleep at the beach. Any recommendations??

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
585 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon Hotel "on the beach"

Whilst not Cape Town, one of our favourite "beach hotels" is Beacon Island, in Plettenberg Bay. It is a morning's drive from Cape Town and is situated on a small island, which is connected to the mainland.

You wake up to the pounding of the surf and the cry of the gulls. In fact, the surf on the lower floors can be so loud that it can keep you awake, if you are a light sleeper.

You could "do Cape Town", then move to Beacon Island for a second stage of your holiday. I see conflicting views on Tripadvisor but we have been there many times.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g312558-d447146…

Cheers

McGregor, South...
Level Contributor
2,843 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon Hotel "on the beach"

The closest hotel to Cape Town which is actually on the beach is probably The Lagoon Beach Hotel at Milnerton. See:

www.threecities.co.za/index.cfm…

Its a 4 star modern hotel. Personally I find it rather cool and functional and there is not much around the area other than the beach and lovely views of Table Mountain

More luxurious, is The Bay at Camps Bay which is situated just across the road from a lovely beach and Camps Bay is a lively place with lots of restaurants,romantic sunsets. See:

www.thebay.co.za

However if it is windy it is impossible to sit on the beach at Capms Bay.

Also in Camps Bay is the smaller Atlantic View, which although not actually on te beach has wonderful views. See:

www.sa-venues.com/wc/atlanticviewct.htm

Outside of Cape Town you might liketo look at Xanadu at wilderness. Again right on the beach and very luxurious. See;

www.xanadu-wilderness.co.za

Hope this helps

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
585 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon Hotel "on the beach"

This sunset clip was shot on the beach directly in front of Lagoon Beach:-

http://www.tripadvisor.com/openVideo('Milnerton%20-%20Cape%20Town%20sunset')

Howard Neill

Cape Town, South...
Destination Expert
for Cape Town Central
Level Contributor
899 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon Hotel "on the beach"

The Lagoon Beach Hotel and the Leisure Bay Hotel(next door) are good options. The Bay hotel in Camps Bay is accross the road from the beach. You may also check out the Dolphin Beach Hotel ant then there is a Boutique Hotel next to ON THE ROCKS restaurant in Bloubergstrand(on the beach)

5. Re: Honeymoon Hotel "on the beach"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 00:16
Get answers to your questions about Cape Town Central