We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A special restaurant

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
A special restaurant

My husband and I have booked a trip in SA to celebrate our 15th anniversary - and on the day we are flying from Krueger to Cape Town via Joburg (not so great planning!). We'll get to Cape Town just after 4pm and have a hotel sorted - the Protea Victoria Junction. (i.e. reasonably close to the V&A Waterfront)

We'd like to eat out somewhere special that evening, so is there anywhere that you guys would recommend that we are likely to be able to just turn up and get a table on a Wednesday evening. Or should we try to book ahead from the UK?

Thanks very much.

South Coast
Level Contributor
153 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A special restaurant

Within the Waterfront 'One Waterfront' at the Cape Grace Hotel! see below and search the web for reviews... www.capegrace.com/services/onewaterfront.asp.

Also be sure to have a meal with a beach view in Camps Bay (10 min by car / cab) and make an effort to visit the Winelands for great food and wine. The Waterfront has a fantastic tourist office with all the info you need.

Enjoy.

Chatham, United...
Level Contributor
101 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A special restaurant

Just read the response concerning One Waterfront. My husband and I will be in Cape Town to celebrate my 50th birthday in September and also wanted somewhere special to eat but not leave it to chance when we arrived in CT. I e-mailed One Waterfront via their website with my request and received confirmation of the booking back within a couple of hours. Very impressed with this service and hope the food and service is as good when we get there!

New Haven
Level Contributor
67 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A special restaurant

Just got back - also consider The Atlantic!!!

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
8,521 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A special restaurant

Food at the Cape Grace is without a flaw - and prices prove it. I would also recommend Baia in the Waterfront shopping complex with dining on the terrace or inside. Elegant, and a little less costly. On a Wednesday, you should be able to book a table.