We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ellerman House Hotel

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
Northeast
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Ellerman House Hotel

After reading all of the fabulous reviews, I have decided to book at the Ellerman House. However, with each of the rooms being so vastly different, how does one choose?

My fiance and I will be on honeymoon in August of 2008 and we are looking for a luxurious and relaxing retreat. The view is essential. Does anyone have a suggestion as to which room we should choose? Perhaps someone has had an experience that they might share?

I would be grateful for any help!

Kind regards.

Cape Town, South...
Destination Expert
for Cape Town Central
Level Contributor
902 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Ellerman House Hotel

Quite a number of celebrities have stayed there including Opera. I suppose if you have a sea-facing room you're doing well. Please let us know what your experience was during your stay. It is my impression that the management and staff have to sign a warning if they are caught smiling on the premises.

Northeast
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ellerman House Hotel

Thanks for the response and for the subtle guidance. Unfortunately, we won;t be issuing any warnings, as they are all booked up for early August 2008. Must be a popular place! Not a room to be had.

I think we'll end up at the Cape Grace instead. I'm sure we won;t be disappointed, but it wasn't exactly what we were looking for.

Any guidance on room selection at the Cape Grace? I'm thinking "Rooftop Luxury"

3. Re: Ellerman House Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 11:21