We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guest House and B&B's Newlands.

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
Nottingham
Level Contributor
66 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Guest House and B&B's Newlands.

Hi,

We are hoping to break into our touring holiday and get to see some cricket on the 2nd Dec @ Newlands but will need somewhere to stay where we can leave the car (safley), and that is not to far from the ground, there is only 1 place on Tripadvisor under Newlands, does anyone have any suggestions either in Newlands or near by??. p.s. we will be staying in Franschhoek the night before, how long do you think it would take to drive from there to Newlands.

Baz Bus - Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Hop-On Hop-Off Tours
Lucky and Lost Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
African Blue Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours
1. Re: Guest House and B&B's Newlands.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2007, 14:08
Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
8,638 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guest House and B&B's Newlands.

Here's a site with 17 Newlands places.. and you deal directly with the owners - safarinow.com/destinations/newlands/hub.aspx

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Guest House and B&B's Newlands.

Hi, Ingies-dad!

I am looking for acommodations myself (will be in Capetown in Nov) and someone recommended me two places in Newlands: The Vineyard Hotel, which looks fabulous in the web and a B&B called Long Cottage http://www.longcottage.co.za.

I have not been there myself so that is as far as I can go.

Good luck!

Marisol

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
585 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Guest House and B&B's Newlands.

Hi

Just remember that both the Newlands cricket grounds and the Newlands rugby stadium are adjacent to each other and are right alongside the suburban commuter railway line, with a station at Newlands. I think that train travel should be OK on match days and you won't have a parking problem.

Driving from Franschhoek to Newlands will take less than two hours.

Marisol mentioned the Vineyard Hotel. That is a beautiful hotel! We have shot many weddings there. Here is a wedding which we covered on a rainy day in October. You will get to see some glimpses of the hotel & grounds, especially during the photo shoot, after the service http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lvvb9K2ihv8

Of course Vineyard Hotel is not a B & B but, if Marisol is considering hotels, then The Newlands Southern Sun hotel is very much closer to the cricket and rugby grounds tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g312582-d466811…

Cheers

Howard Neill

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
585 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Guest House and B&B's Newlands.

That YouTube video is not very good image quality. Here is a sharper version www.capevideos.com/video/CD-Highlights.wmv

Cheers

cape town
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Guest House and B&B's Newlands.

Hi

I agree with Knolly.The Vineyard hotel is stunning. I pop in there at least 3 times a week for a coffee break and sit outside in their beautiful back garden. It is within walking distance to Newlands grounds but yet away from the hustle and bustle of Newlands. Its a lovely tranquil place to go back to after a busy, noisy day at Newlands which it will no doubt be.

Enjoy

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,668 posts
378 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Guest House and B&B's Newlands.

Hi there

We just got back to Australia yesterday after watching Twenty20 at Newlands...we stayed at a great B&B called 3 Pear Lane, which is about 15 min walk from the ground...it cost about R600/night for very comfy and light room, with small kitchenette, in beautiful gardens with great views of the mountain...also has a pool (not that we used it in Sept). Area is safe and we walked about at night to restaurants. Rate also includes substantial continental breakfast, and owner Vo and Tony can't be more hospitable. You can probably find it on Capestay. Email us if you can't locate it and we can send you details. Parking is tight in the area but should be able to be arranged. There is also a good pub about 3 min walk up the road.

Regards

Cape Town, South...
Destination Expert
for Cape Town Central
Level Contributor
902 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Guest House and B&B's Newlands.

Have a look at the website

http://www.tourismgrading.co.za/

to find accommodation anywhere in SA

9. Re: Guest House and B&B's Newlands.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 12:31
Get answers to your questions about Cape Town Central