We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jeffreys Bay area

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
Vienna
Level Contributor
368 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Jeffreys Bay area

While I have received some feedback from various sources, I decided to post this request.

Has anyone stayed at African Dawn and can give me feedback on accommodation. How many nights would you recommend staying there.

Would three days be too long to spend in Jeffreys Bay if one is not a surfer? How much time is recommended for a trip to Tsitsikamma? .Alternative accommodation recommendation for reasonably-priced B&B in J-Bay. Hope not too expensives, especially as it will be in mid-December.

Secondly, can anyone recommend an afternoon/sunset 4x4 drive in one of the game parks in that area. I believe one is offered at Gorah, but perhaps there are others.

What about one- or two day trekking with a guide in a gamepark? Which park in that area would be the best bet?

Looking forward to your replies.

Many thanks

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Jeffreys Bay area

Hi there, I was checking up and noticed no-one had answered you post, sorry about that.

Not entirely my area, only been there once, so if anyone from the PE area answers it may be more helpful, but I'll give it a shot, may I also suggest that you post your question on the Port elizabeth forum.

20 Pepper street restaurant:

Situated in the basement of ‘African Perfection' guest house is a small restaurant and sushi bar called ‘twenty pepper street' owned by ‘singing cook' Steve Walsh. The ‘singing cook' is so named because for twenty odd years 0f Steve's life, he made a living as a singer and musician.

Shell Museum

Jeffreys Bay is renowned for its shells, boasting one of the largest collection in the country on display in the museum. Monday to Saturday from 09h00 to 16h00 & Sundays between 09h00 & 13h00

Contact Person: Keith Marsh Tel: 042 293 1945

The Shell Museum, located in the Centre of town, displays a huge collection of shells. This collection was started by Charlotte Kritzinger, a local shell collecter in 1945, who pursued the hobby till her death in the late 1960’s. During her life time the collection was housed in her home where large quantities of sea shells and marine life skeletons were stored in boxes. Interesting visitors could spend an afternoon viewing the shells wile she produced the cartons to show and explain the contents to them.

Surf Museum

Rupert Chadwick

084 240 1741

Penguin Center

Jeffreys Bay is very proud of their Penguin Rehab center where

they treat and release injured Penguins.

Ajubatus Marine & Wildlife rescue (042) 298 0428

www.ajubatus.com e-mail: ajubatus@telkomsa.net

Game Farm

Lombardini Game Farm located close to Jeffreys Bay offers Rhino, Giraffe

and more than 18 species of buck that can be seen Game Drive

email: mail@infojeffreysbay.com

Horse riding Papiesfontein

There is a circular horse trail of 13 km. You will first ride through indigenous coastal vegetation over the dunes to Gamtoos river mouth. They offer different horses for different skill levels. People don’t need to have experience. You will meet at the farm Papiesfontein just outside Jeffreys bay. There is also free-range horse riding (without a guide) for confident riders.

Potters Place:http://www.pottersplace.co.za/index.htm

A company that offers day tours to places like Addo from Jefferys Bay:http://www.infojeffreysbay.com/day_tours_jeffreys_bay.htm

Hope that helps a bit.

2. Re: Jeffreys Bay area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 10:39
Get answers to your questions about Cape Town Central