We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

April Weather, planning honeymoon???

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
cheshire
Level Contributor
124 posts
1 review
Save Topic
April Weather, planning honeymoon???

We are thinking of having our honeymoon next April in S.A. We thought 3 nights in Cape Town, then 3 nights Shamwari Game Reserve - then onto somewhere else. We are worried about the weather as so many reports say it may not be warm. We would like at least part of our honeymoon taking in the sun - after all we do not get much of it in England. What will the weather be like? Where else could we go to take in some rays after Capre Town and Safari?

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
8,638 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: April Weather, planning honeymoon???

This site: wunderground.com/global/stations/68816.html

has the weather for Cape Town - and in the 'History & Almanac' section, you can look up April weather for the past few years.

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,279 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: April Weather, planning honeymoon???

You will get sun in Cape Town, but it is just unlikely to be swimming weather.

weathersa.co.za/Climat/…CapeTownStats.jsp

bbc.co.uk/weather/…

Pack warm clothes to wear in the evenings, especially for your early morning/night game drives at Shamwari.

If you really want some swim time, end your holiday on the east coast north of Durban. Maybe Rocktail Bay or Kosi Bay or Greater St Lucia.

I have used Richards Bay as an example of the weather in that area. An average daily maximum of 27 is okay!!

weathersa.co.za/Climat/…RichardsBayStats.jsp

South Coast
Level Contributor
153 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: April Weather, planning honeymoon???

You can get really great weather in April...the earlier in the month the better but I wouldn't let it put you off. It can be over 30 degrees in May sometimes.

I do think that on a honeymoon Cape Town has such amazing options that anything less than 7 nights would mean you don't get to see and do half the things you'd probably want to. 20 min from Cape Town in the Winelands area there are wonderful Lodge's & Spa's etc ideal to enjoy stunning scenery and luxury accommodation (www.zorgvliet.com). South Africa is a country that requires more than one visit.....so try not to do it all in one go! I often go to Cape Town for 3 weeks at a time...there is so much to do...plus you want some time just to chill out. (Stay in Camps Bay or the Waterfront)..www.safarinow.com for loads of accommodation options.

Level Contributor
402 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: April Weather, planning honeymoon???

Hi,

We are from Kent and travelled to S.A. in April this year.

The weather as we toured around was as follows.

Sun City - In the 80's

On safari at a game lodge two hours away ( for a wedding ) - I day in the 80's, one day rain ( but not cold ) and I day in the 70's

Onto Gold Reef - One hour the other way - In the 70's

Flew to Cape Town - Fist two days in the 70's, then rain and by the time we lft to come home two and a half weeks later- 27th April it had turned chilly and in the mis 50's.

So you see a huge range of temp's but as the end of April is the same as our Autumn you never no as no two days can be the same.

5. Re: April Weather, planning honeymoon???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 01:18
Get answers to your questions about Cape Town Central
Recent Conversations