We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Garden route to PE to cape town- active family

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
Derby, UK
Level Contributor
26 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Garden route to PE to cape town- active family

Hi

I am looking for some advice. My family and I (boys aged 8 and 10 and adventurous)are visiting SA for the first time in Feb-March, with the first 4 nights spent in Madwike in a lodge, after which we fly straight tp PE for a lesuirely drive (12 days) down to Capetown for an early AM flight out.

I would be most obliged if someone could recommend an active itinery that takes in coast, beach, food, animals, wine, shark diving, rafting,horseriding, etc, with recommendations as to which resonable qualtity B&B's etc and towns to stay. we would probaly want to spend no less than 2 nights in one location. We would have to return the car the night before we depart, and would like an accommodation recommendation for that night resonably taxiable / shuttleable in the am to the airport.

Many thanks

Ian Robson

Port Elizabeth
Level Contributor
291 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Garden route to PE to cape town- active family

Here goes.

Day 1 & 2 Port Elizabeth, enjoy the beaches and take a Township Tour. You can take a horse ride on the beach

Day 3&4

Drive all the way through the Addo National Park, stay at Tatenda Lodge and take an elephant back safari, and a horse ride in the park

Day 5

Stay at Storms River adjacent to the Tsitsikamma National Park.

Day 6 & 7

Drive through to Plet take and take a boat trip to see the dolphins

Stay over at Knysna Quays in one of the self catering apartments.

Day 8&9

Visit Oudtshoorn, visit the caves and take the 54km bicycle ride down the Swartberg Pass.

Day 10

Mossel Bay take the Shark Cage Dive

Day 11

Franschhoek stay at the Chamonix Guest Cottages, South Africa’s best travel bargain

Day 12

Tintagel Lodge Cape Town

2. Re: Garden route to PE to cape town- active family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 20:16