We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve in Cape Town

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
Big Bear Lake...
1 post
Save Topic
New Years Eve in Cape Town

We will be in Cape Town for New Year's Eve. Where would be a great place for dinner and celebrating? Or, is it best to just wander around the Waterfront?

Florida
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years Eve in Cape Town

We went to the Quay Four restaurant. Water views, upper deck. Seafood. See Part IX of my trip report at this link for all details:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293740-i9186-k185…

Part IX: New Year’s Eve at Quay Four restaurant

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
585 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years Eve in Cape Town

I thought of you, CA_VOL, when I saw the hedding.

Cheers

Howard Neill

Florida
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Years Eve in Cape Town

Aww, I feel so special. Thanks, Howard, for remembering me.

Johannesburg
Level Contributor
267 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: New Years Eve in Cape Town

All the restaurants in Cape Town genrally have a big splash as do the hotels, they have a gourmet meal and a live band etc etc, try The Showroom they normally have something nice as do Baia but that may be very squished.If you are young and want a really fun party with lots of music and dancing La Med is a good place to be!

Illinois
Level Contributor
312 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Years Eve in Cape Town

DebbiM

What if you are 51, don't drink alcohol and just want a nice meal?

We're looking at Societi Bistro. Loved all the great comments from ca vol's trip report.

One more quick question. I'm afraid I've made a huge blunder. I booked our flights on Jan. 5th going from Cape Town to Durban 8:50am - 10:50am (we're dropping off our daughter there.)

Then my husband and I from Durban to Johannesburgfrom 12:40 - 1:50.

Then from JNB to New York at 7:20pm.

Will this be a nightmare??

Thanks for the advice. We're not familiar with any of the airports so I feel really stupid being so impulsive when I saw a good price on the tickets.

Florida
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Years Eve in Cape Town

Purrcy,

Have you contacted Societi Bistro to make reservations? Someone said they had a fire or something?!?!

Illinois
Level Contributor
312 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Years Eve in Cape Town

ca vol,

Yes, we did and we have secured them. The restaurant is moving to a new location, but I don't know why.

Thanks for being concerned!

We're looking forward to a fabulous meal!!

Florida
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Years Eve in Cape Town

Oh no, the pressure sure is on! LOL

Are they moving to somewhere on the waterfront still?

9. Re: New Years Eve in Cape Town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 00:16