We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camps Bay advice please

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
976 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Camps Bay advice please

We will have 4 nights in Capetown in early July and looking at staying in Camps Bay. I have found a couple of places which seem great that are located at Bali Bay but I can't find it on my map.

Would this be at the beginning of Camps Bay area but at a rocky beach prior to Camps Bay beach? They say it is a 5 minute walk to CB beach and restaurants - is that right.

Can we walk to restaurants in Camps Bay at night from here or will we need to drive? Some of my other preferred accommodation options are unavailable or have renovations next door. The views from up near Theresa Ave look fantastic but we must use the car if we stay there and I think we would prefer Bali Bay's views and to walk out the door to the beach, shops etc. What is Bakoven Beach area like?

Any thoughts or advice on what part of Camps Bay to stay in? Where are the restaurants located? Thanks

Cape Town
Level Contributor
733 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Camps Bay advice please

Bali Bay is located on the Bakoven side of Camps Bay, on the beach road. It is not far at all from the shops, restaurants and beach (5 minutes is about right and the walk is flat). Just remember it will not be beach weather when you get here. In fact, even in summer, the water here is too cold to swim in.

Mark

London. England
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Camps Bay advice please

Hi Angel88.

We stayed in Camps Bay during March and stayed at Fairways boutique hotel, I think it had about 10 or 12 rooms, it is attached to The Place On The Bay which is an self catering complex.

The location is on the corner of Fairways and the main coast road with the beach right on the door step.They are at the start of the parades of Bars & Resturants on the beach front and also has it's own intimate Italian Resturant.

Hope this might help,

You'll have a great time in Cape Town, I can't wait to get back after my first visit.

3. Re: Camps Bay advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 13:18
Get answers to your questions about Cape Town Central