We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanks for a great review...a couple of questions though...

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
New Jersey
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Thanks for a great review...a couple of questions though...

My husband and I are planning to go to Cape Town and then to Sun City at the end of December and to come back begining of January...We will be traveling from New York (JFK airport). I wanted to ask you ...which airline did you fly? where did you have stopovers and if you do not mind letting me know where have you found your tickets and how much did you pay for them?

Does anyone know a good travel agencies that give good deals to South Africa (Cape Town)? I would not mind a European agent as well, as it seems that most flights are through Europe to S.A.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Cape Town
Cape Town
Western Cape, South Africa
New York
New York
United States
Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
819 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanks for a great review...a couple of questions though...

Saa has cheap fares no to CPT

SAA is on the star alliance and code shares with United etc. you fly thru Dakar

you can also fly to Washington Dulles and fly thru Accra Ghana

Tickets on the website are $1160 plus tax but the dates may not be what you want

you can also fly Emirates for cheap but you have to fly thru Dubai flights around xmas are $1775 all inclusive

Mentioned in this post
Accra
Accra
Greater Accra, Ghana
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanks for a great review...a couple of questions though...

Coming from the US, there are basically two choices -- a 15-17 hour marathon flight on SAA (as stated above) and routing through Europe. If you can sleep on planes the European routing may be less tiring, as both flights (the US-Europe leg and the Europe-Africa leg) are overnight. Between the two flights you will have 6-8 hours to enjoy the European city of your choice ;)

Inexpensive flights can often be had via London (BA, Virgin), Paris (Continental/Air France), Amsterdam (KLM), Frankfurt (Lufthansa), and Madrid (Iberia). For the best fares, you need to book them from the country of origin, so a US agent would get you a better deal on the US-Europe leg. If you book it as one ticket your US agent can do the entire trip.

Try a fare comparison website such as Skyscanner.net or Sidestep.com (or ideally both of them) so you have something to compare the agent's quotes to.

Cheers,

Julian

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Frankfurt
Frankfurt
Hesse, Germany
Madrid
Madrid
Community of Madrid, Spain
3. Re: Thanks for a great review...a couple of questions though...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 00:21