We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Helicopter Tours

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
Level Contributor
503 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Helicopter Tours

Can anyone give me information on Helicopter Tours around the Cape Town area. I'm not wanting to take the winelands helicopter tour which stops for lunch. Just a short sightseeing trip. Thanks

Cape Town Helicopters
Helicopter Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Air Tours
Extreme Scene - Day Trips
Shark Diving, Adrenaline & Extreme Tours, Helicopter Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours
Cape Town Attractions
Dolphin & Whale Watching, River Rafting & Tubing, Kayaking & Canoeing, Helicopter Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
94 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Helicopter Tours

Try the Waterfront Boat Company at the V & A Waterfront. They do it all. Cape Town would be one of the few places in the world where a helicopter tour would be well worth the money. Make sure you fly all the way to Cape Point. It is a little more expensive but seeing Cape Point from the air in exceptional.

FYI, the same company offers a wondeful sailboat trip aboard the VICTORIA. Seeing Table Mountain from Table Bay under sail as did all the orginal sailors arriving to this beautiful port is not to be missed either, in my opinion.

Eat the mussells at Den Anker Restaurant at the V & A Waterfront. Beatiful views of Table Mountain from the outside tables.

Howick, South Africa
Level Contributor
825 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Helicopter Tours

Have a look at the web site below for a selection of flight options.

3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Helicopter Tours

As a resident of a little village in the south of Cape town I would like to ask you what you would say if espacially on weekends all 10 to 15 minutes a helicopter would fly directly over your house. Please reconsider this type of brute and nerve racking tourism. Come around for a braai, share with us the harmless peace of our wounderfull area. Don't kill our nerves.

With kind regards

Fish Hoek

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
87 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Helicopter Tours

Just came back last week thought you might be interested in prices. Average Waterfront prices are R500 pp for 15 mins around 12 Apostles and R2100 for 60 mins around Cape Point.

5. Re: Helicopter Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 13:18
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question