We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go after Cape Town?

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
Southampton, England
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Where to go after Cape Town?

My husband and I and three daughters (15, 13 and 11) are going on an orgainsed school netball tour in Cape Town next Easter and have arranged to stay on independently afterwards for another two weeks. A teacher who knows the area very well has very kindly given us lots of brochures which I am busy reading, but I would be interested to know if anyone has experience with three children a similair age to ours? We would like to do the Garden Route, but would it be intersting enough for them? Should we opt for a safari park? Is it feasible to fly to Victoria Falls?

Any information very much appreciated.

Cape Town, South...
Destination Expert
for Cape Town Central
Level Contributor
902 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go after Cape Town?

With children that age you might want to look at shark cage diving, tree top canopy adventure in tsitsikama, bungi jumping, river cruises on the garden route etc.

Pickering, United...
Level Contributor
3,298 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go after Cape Town?

First thoughts are that you have to have a safari experience if you're going all that way. Lots of threads on here about places like Addo, Shamwari, Kariega so have a browse. Will have a think about other things.

3. Re: Where to go after Cape Town?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 21:17