We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Campsbayglen

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
Staffs
Level Contributor
247 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Campsbayglen

Has anyone been to the Campsbayglen apartment in Camps bay. this is a small establishment of just 3 apartments nr the nature reserve.

thanks Peg1

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,974 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Campsbayglen

which nature reserve? Do you mean that its in the Glen in Camps Bay which is a lovely area with lots of trees - i suppose hense the nature reserve. Never been to the apartment. What is the website so we can look it up.

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
2,659 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Campsbayglen

When booking accommodation, always make sure that the establishment is accredited and, preferably, graded by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa.

There have been problems with unscrupulous owners and, in the case of disputes, it is very difficult to get your money back or obtain satisfaction.

A search on TA is also way to get information.

Staffs
Level Contributor
247 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Campsbayglen

thanks for your replies campsbayglen was found on roomsforafrica.com and uncoverthecape.co.za. It looks genuine but I dont think they have the dates anyway. May go for Fiskaal rd guest house. I presume roomsforafrica.com are a local reputable accommodation bureau as their rates are cheaper than booking direct with guest house.

thanks Peg1

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
2,659 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Campsbayglen

Many internet sites take no responsibility for the accommodation they book. I have searched TA Campsbayglen and have found no postings. 30 Fiskaal, Camps Bay is well-known.

Should you book accommodations listed in Portfolio Guide or Automobile Association of S.A., you have some

guarantee that the properties have been inspected.

Also, postings by TA members can give you valuable information.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
111 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Campsbayglen

We stayed at The Glen apartments, Camps bay but it is a huge complex so not sure if it was the same place. They are a steep walk from the front and when we stayed they were almost empty so it was really eerie.

Nice enough but think there are better

6. Re: Campsbayglen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 20:20
Get answers to your questions about Cape Town Central