We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camps Bay Vs Clifton Beach... Any Advice?

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
New York City, New...
10 posts
Save Topic
Camps Bay Vs Clifton Beach... Any Advice?

My Brother and I (mid 20's) are going to stay in Cape Town for 7-8 days in June/July 2010.

we are having a difficult time as to which location to stay in.

which is a better location in terms of:

Beach

Nightlife

Restaurants

please help.

Cape Town
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Camps Bay Vs Clifton Beach... Any Advice?

Camps Bay and Clifton are adjacent to one another, and so I wouldn't be too worried about which one you stay in. Clifton has the better beaches. But Camps Bay has the nightlife, and the restaurants. Either way they are so near one another that it really won't make much different which one you stay in.

It's about 3 minutes by car or a 20 minute walk from the one to the other. (Don't walk it at night though!)

Check out my-cape-town-south-africa.com/CAMPSBAY/Camps…

The site also has an equivalent description of Clifton and various suggestions about how to find accommodation and what to do.

New York City, New...
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Camps Bay Vs Clifton Beach... Any Advice?

i appreciate you response, that was very helpful. are you familiar with the camps bay resort? would you suggest staying there?

thank you for your help

Avi

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,979 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camps Bay Vs Clifton Beach... Any Advice?

Hi Avi - As you are in your mid 20's i would suggest that when you choose Clifton you choose 1st beach. There are 4 beautiful beaches but 4th beach is more a family beach whereas 1st is for the young. They are 1 of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Camps Bay beach is also fabulous and has a mix of young and families. Its only a 10 min. walk between the 2. There is nowhere to stay in Clifton so i would suggest you stay in Camps Bay and enjoy both beaches. I dont know the Camps Bay resort though.

Cape Town, South...
Destination Expert
for Cape Town Central
Level Contributor
902 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Camps Bay Vs Clifton Beach... Any Advice?

If you would like to stay in Clifton then contact Ikapa tours and speak to Karen. The number is +27215108666

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
352 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Camps Bay Vs Clifton Beach... Any Advice?

Hi AviZikry

As there is no accomodation in Clifton, your choice of location is pretty much sorted. Camps Bay is lively and the Camps Bay Resort is central.

We have booked to stay at the Camps Bay Resort over New Year and it looks fine, some mixed TA reviews but in IMO as long as it is clean and confortable (which it seems to be) it will be fine, will not be spending much time there anyway.

There are plenty of places to stay in Camps Bay, I am sure you will enjoy being based there.

New York City, New...
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Camps Bay Vs Clifton Beach... Any Advice?

Thank you.

you all were very helpful. and i greatly appreciate it.

does anyone know of any good safari tour companies for the National Kruger Park. im looking to take a 4-5 day tour.

Once again thank you all for your help.

Avi

Canada
Level Contributor
79 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Camps Bay Vs Clifton Beach... Any Advice?

(Don't walk it at night though!)

why?

8. Re: Camps Bay Vs Clifton Beach... Any Advice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2010, 05:17