We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi fare from airport to V and A waterfront

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
Dorset,England
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Topic
taxi fare from airport to V and A waterfront

Our hotel have quoted 395 rand for hotel transfer from airport to Radisson Blu Waterfront later this month. Is this good value or would we better off getting a taxi ?

Also will we need to pre-book Robben Island trips before we leave the U.K or will a couple of days notice do in which case we can wait til we arrive.

Any advice much appreciated.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
2,781 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi fare from airport to V and A waterfront

Hello CarolineUK,

The price quoted seems a tad over the top.

It should be +-R250.

It would be better to pre-book your trip to Robben Island, but you can always take a chance and book when you arrive.

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
8,728 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi fare from airport to V and A waterfront

I would book with these folks - http://www.rikkis.co.za/

Helsinki
Level Contributor
79 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi fare from airport to V and A waterfront

How does this email booking work? Do they ask your credit card number or ask you to send money? Phone booking would cost at least 150R from my country.

I'll arrive from JNB at around 3.pm. Could it be possible to get a Rikki's taxi without pre-booking by just walking to their stand in the arrivals hall? I understand that the busiest time is morning when overseas flights arrive.

To Caroline. Last time in CPT I booked a taxi from Holiday Inn. It did not arrive until I called the hotel. It took some extra time. Anyway, the price is not the case as the accommodation may cost triple compared with major European cities.

McGregor, South...
Level Contributor
2,847 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi fare from airport to V and A waterfront

Here is the info which should help!

Shuttles run from the international and domestic arrivals terminals to Cape Town. Each trip costs about R120 per person plus R30 for each extra passenger from the same group.

International terminal

Anwar's Tourist Services +27 (0)21 692 0951 www.anwartravel.com

Randy's Tours +27 (0)21 934 8367 www.randystours.com

Domestic terminal

Centurion Tours +27 (0)21 934 8281

City Hopper +27 (0)21 934 4440

Taxis

For safety and security, arriving passengers should only use Touch Down Taxis, the officially authorised airport taxi company.

Tel: +27 (0)21 919 4659

None of the above require pre-booking.

Rikkis offer a fixed rate whereas Touchdown charge by the kilometre. There will not be much in it price wise.

Helsinki
Level Contributor
79 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi fare from airport to V and A waterfront

Many thanks for your useful information!

RRD

cape town south...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: taxi fare from airport to V and A waterfront

Hi there

The information given to you is all well and fine about cheaper transfers. You need to remember that your Hotel quoted you that price because they will most probably just pick you up.

The cheaper options will put you in a mini van with a couple of other people who could be in very different hotels to you. This could lead to you getting dropped of last . You are squashed into the mini van , you are tired after your flight and it gets ages to get to your hotel.

Is saving that couple of ZAR really worth it , your exchange rate is so strong i would actually consider a more private transfer

Hope you have a great time in our country

M

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
59 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: taxi fare from airport to V and A waterfront

I have just returned home from Capetown. I used Erica's shuttle service from my downtown hotel to the airport. It cost 250 Rand. I can recommend them. They were punctual, vehicle was first rate and their service was excellent. They even offered to take my luggage to the airport check in counter. Their e mail is ericashuttleservices@telkomsa.net. Cell 083 969 3574

Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: taxi fare from airport to V and A waterfront

www.worldcabfares.net will help you

9. Re: taxi fare from airport to V and A waterfront

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2010, 05:16