We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Quarter Lunch

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
Manchester
Level Contributor
44 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Cape Quarter Lunch

Its not an area we went to last time but our Guesthouse suggests Tank, Lazari, Viola and Vanilla. Any opionions?

Cheers

McGregor, South...
Level Contributor
2,847 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape Quarter Lunch

I would not particularly recommend Tank (it used to be style over substance, now there is not even style!) and I think Vanilla is over priced and not that good. Personally I had a poor experience at Voila last visit. I also had a poor experience at Kuzina, (greek food) but that was just after opening and others have fared better more recently. Of the lot I prefer Cru Cafe but then I like to get a decent wine and their wine list is quite good and the mark-ups very fair. Have not yet been to Lazaris so cant comment on that one.

The choice might depend upon which one you like the look of most and what food style you enjoy. Currently none are that busy (except perhaps at the weekends) that it is necessary to book in advance. I suggest you wonder around and then decide where to go.

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
6,131 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape Quarter Lunch

I've been to Lazari both for breakfast and lunch. They have nice eggs florentine and omelettes for breakfasts and sandwiches and salads for lunch. I had the chicken caesar which was o.k. - the chicken was tough but i find that whenever i eat a chicken salad anywhere the chicken is tough. Think i will stick to having chicken where its done best - at home. My friend who is a vegetarian had a falafell salad which was some salad greens with 5 falafel balls on top. The roasted veg salad looked good. Thats the sort of lunches they serve. I dont know what the question was but i saw macsym's reply and added my bit. Andiamo is good for pizzas and salads too in the old cape quarter.

Boston...
Level Contributor
512 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cape Quarter Lunch

I actually liked Tank when I was there and thought the seafood and sushi was quite good and liked the setting. This was a year ago, so perhaps it has gone downhill but I remember liking it.

Manchester
Level Contributor
44 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cape Quarter Lunch

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions.

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
2,710 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cape Quarter Lunch

Hi,

I found Tank noisy. My preference is Beluga, close by, where you can have their specials - R99 for 26 pieces of sushi (Blue Platter) or 1 kg. of prawns.

Ample for 2 persons and lovely atmosphere where you can sit inside or outside. You can take your own wine and corkage is not expensive.

6. Re: Cape Quarter Lunch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2010, 05:16