We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

camil's restaurant, cape royale , green point

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
6,131 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
camil's restaurant, cape royale , green point

Anyone been to Camil's. If so how did you find the food and the prices. Any recommendations of do's and dont's. Thanks a mill.!

Cape Town
Level Contributor
10,195 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: camil's restaurant, cape royale , green point

Hi Diva

Short memory. I posted on here about Camil's a month or so ago. Went there for DW's birthday and enjoyed it :

tripadvisor.com/…23966328

Selwyn also really enthused over it :

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g312659-i9466-k331…

You replied on both threads - maybe working too hard? ;-)

Edited: 03 March 2010, 19:04
McGregor, South...
Level Contributor
2,847 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: camil's restaurant, cape royale , green point

Yes Selwyn, VdeC and I have all been. Selwyn thought it was fabulous, Vde C thought it was very good, I thought it was good. My particular main course dish was rather small in size but there was nothing wrong with the cooking skill. Its certainly worth a try and plenty of fish dishes for you! I thought it quite 'busy' in terms of decor - lots going on, various menus, prices and options etc. Let us all know what you think after you have tried it!

Cape Town
Level Contributor
10,195 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: camil's restaurant, cape royale , green point

Also think that the outside "terrace" tables are much nicer than inside - especially on a warm night like - now!

Edited: 03 March 2010, 19:25
cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
6,131 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: camil's restaurant, cape royale , green point

No, my memory is excellent. Selwyn did such a rave report on it - he thought it was the best restaurant ever - better than Opal lounge whose prices i notice have escalated since the whole of T/A has been going there. I also know from Macsym that he thought the portions were quite small and remember that you VdeC went with your D/W but still preferred the OP. Just thought maybe someone not from our little t/a circle might have been in the last week or 2. Also looked at their menu and if you dont eat seafood there were just 2 seafood dishes, one being rolled up sole which would be too teeny for hubby and tuna which i am not that cracked about. So that's why i posted the question. However, maybe you have a suggestion for somewhere else in the Cape. Last night for my DD.In the passed 2 1/2 weeks she has Been to Il Leone, Beluga, Willoubys, Wakame, Millers Thumb, Srvuga,Manos, Bungalow, Baia,Tuscany Beach, Bayside, . Didnt feel like going back to OP, and I hated the Grand at the waterfront. The night we went the service was non existent and the food was atrocious so looking for somewhere not too far out of the Atlantic Seaboard. Any other suggestions., remembering the 2 of us are fish only eaters

Cape Town
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: camil's restaurant, cape royale , green point

To make a statement that a restaurant has increased their prices since their popularity on Tripadvisor has risen is nothing short of ludicrous!

Maybe you should ask Rochelle?

Henley-on-Thames...
Level Contributor
178 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: camil's restaurant, cape royale , green point

We were at Camil's a couple of weeks ago....it was great and the good food and wine was complemented by top class service...

When we are next in CT we would have no hesitation in going again.

7. Re: camil's restaurant, cape royale , green point

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2010, 05:19