We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Victoria Junction

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
London, United...
Level Contributor
66 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Victoria Junction

Has anyone stayed at the Protea Victoria Junction hotel??

Is it good - am thinking of staying for 4 nights in November.

Seems to be pretty near the Waterfront so we could walk there.

thanks

Denchris

Weybridge
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Victoria Junction

Hi,

I have been there to look around, but not stayed there.

Inside the hotel is really funky, I loved the rooms and it had a really nice vibe.

To walk from there to the Waterfront is about 5-10 minutes ... the walk when I did it was NOT great, I will admit, as you had to walk under a flyover which was not very nice ... but I think - and I am sure someone will confirm this if it is true - this has improved significantly now with the changes that are happening in general in Cape Town for the World Cup.

I probably would still advocate getting a taxi back at night though.

McGregor, South...
Level Contributor
2,845 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Victoria Junction

Yes the pavements along Ebenezer Road (the one going under the flyover) have been much improved and it is now a much more pleasant walk!

The Victoria Junction is also convenient for the new Cape Quarter with its shops and restaurants - although I think other restaurants in the area are better (eg Sloppy Sam - right opposite the Victoria Junction, middle eastern; Il leone, Italian; Anatoli's, Turkish; Beefcakes, beefburgers in a 'pink' atmosphere, Cafe Max and No 13 Ebenezer, both for good b/fast and lunches)

London, United...
Level Contributor
66 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Victoria Junction

Hi

Thank you for the info and prompt replies.

Thought we would probably get a taxi at night - assume all okay to walk around during the day?

If not is there any other hotel near this location. Have found this for around £450 for the 4 nights which seems not too bad.

Denchris

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
8,369 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Victoria Junction

I see the Victoria Junction as a hotel for younger folks - and if you are, then I like it. The price seems about right. Nothing closer to the Waterfront in that price range that I know of. Here's a site with luxury apartments that tend to be a little less than the hotel.. this is the page for the Die Waterkant neighborhood, basically across the street from the Victoria Junction, though some are a few blocks away.. http://www.fzp.co.za/display.php?Cape-Town-Apartments+De-Waterkant

Cape Town, South...
Destination Expert
for Cape Town Central
Level Contributor
902 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Victoria Junction

It's very noisy if you're facing the street. If you're facing the back then try to be on the 4th floor.

6. Re: Victoria Junction

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2010, 06:19