We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Decisions for September

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
Yorkshire
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Decisions for September

Hi,

Our flights are booked for our 11 night trip, three nights at the end of the holiday booked in Franschhoek, 8 nights remaining!

We'll be travelling at the beginning of September. Initially I was about to press the book button for sea views down in St James for 5 days. I've now spotted some guest house options around Kloof St... thinking central city living may be better suited to September weather.

We're planning on 'winging it' for the three remaining middle of trip days. We fancy a road trip down the garden route and back to Franschhoek via the scenic route but will only take the plunge if the weather looks good.

Our heads are now spinning! We'll have access to a car throughout. I think our first quandary is City Living or Sea Views, followed by a jaunt out to Plett/Kynsna for 3 days, or not!

Thanks, love the forum, sorry I've not been able to decide!!

Claire

Belfast
Level Contributor
1,965 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Decisions for September

my vote would bf Kloof St - St James is nice but a bit isolated and especially so in September - three days for the Garden Route is a bit tight and the weather could be dodgy. I would opt for the Robertson area or the Route 62.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Western Cape, Cape Town Central
Level Contributor
3,687 posts
535 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Decisions for September

Hi - I would also opt for Kloof Street or maybe Camps Bay if you want sea views. As BTM says, St James very nice part of Cape Town but away from a lot of the good sights and restaurants!

I agree that 3 days not long enough to head along the garden route. You will spend a day driving each way to get there.

Other Options would be the Hermanus area - peak whale viewing timing or the West Coast - at the beginning of September you will be in flower season. Unfortunately I have never seen them, but photos of them look spectacular

Lisa

Yorkshire
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Decisions for September

Thanks guys, Kloof St decision made!

As for the middle bit, thanks BfTxman and Lisa for the suggestion of Robertson and Hermanus ....looks great, we'll have a look at options. We don't mind the road trip, we aim to relax before and after, and see as much as possible in between, perhaps another day will help....

Thanks,

C

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,979 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Decisions for September

Hi Claire - Kloof St definitely a better bet than St. James - its very far out. As far as the garden route is concerned 3 days is too little -. It takes a min of 5 1/2 hrs with 1 or 2 toilet stops only to get to Knysna. , so its too far for 3 days. Doint it tomorrow - to Plett but for a week.

5. Re: Decisions for September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2010, 07:15