We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hole-In-The-Wall

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
Hoboken, New Jersey
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Hole-In-The-Wall

Where is it located? What actually is it? Is it worth going to see/ experience?

Cape Town
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hole-In-The-Wall

Wow, you ask a lot of questions!

Where is it?

Hole in the wall is in the Transkei, a former homeland (ie poor rural area) on the south eastern coastline (the Wild coast). Its very rural, which means its quiet and virtually unspoilt.

What is it?

Well, its a hole...in..a..wall? Caused by millennia of crashing waves and constant erosion.

Is it worth going to see/ experience?

Its not the only hole in the wall, so you could experience that in many places. In fact, its more the gorgeous beaches, warm indian ocean and rural landscape that makes this place famous. I've been and I loved it. Very much a backpackers paradise type place.

For more information go to this link:

http://home.intekom.com/holeinthewall

(Its not a very good website, but it might give you an idea of accommodation and what to do there)

Hoboken, New Jersey
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hole-In-The-Wall

Hatter08...sorry about all the questions!!! I am leaving in in a week and just getting really excited

South Africa
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hole-In-The-Wall

Hluleka Nature Reserve Hole-in-the-Wall Swimming, shell collecting, walking, fishing, surfing, spear fishing, riding and golf.

This is a huge rock arch standing in the sea south of Coffee Bay, appears to cover the most brochures promoting the region. The arch is much larger than the photographs suggest, the top being a plateau about the size of a football pitch. The noise the sea makes as it crashes through the gap has given ‘Hole in the Wall' a place in Transkei mythology as a home of angry spirits. This is also a very popular picnic spot along the coast.