We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winchester Manisons

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
Hamburg
Level Contributor
355 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Winchester Manisons

Would like to try a new location during our next visit in November and came across the Winchester Manisons. Reviews on TA are really good, but from the outside it looks a bit like a hotel in a "traditional" style, whereas we prefer "modern" Boutique Hotels or B&B's.

Can anybody comment on this and is the location in Seapoint

convenient and is there a restaurant scene around?

Any other suggestions regarding our preference?

McGregor, South...
Level Contributor
2,846 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Winchester Manisons

Have you considered Kensington Place or 2Inn1?

I shall be in Hamburg for the nights of 14 15 August - staying at the Park Hyatt. Rather fancied eating at Le Plat du Jour but perhaps you can advise? Other options Nil, Picasso , Brook, Bank and even Apples in the hotel.

Hamburg
Level Contributor
355 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Winchester Manisons

Macsym,

thanks for the recommendations, both do look great and are a real option for us and definitvely our taste

I will send you a PM regarding the restaurants you have preselected.

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
2,669 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Winchester Manisons

Hi,

Yes Winchester Mansions is an old traditional style hotel.

For more Bed and Breakfast options suggest you go to www.portfoliocollection.com and select "luxury" (or yellow) category. There are several lovely Guest Houses and I would recommend either Camps Bay, Bantry Bay, Sea Point, de Waterkant or Mouille Point.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
116 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Winchester Manisons

old style hotel, but really cool.

youMUSThowever go to their sunday jazz brunch - excellent buffet and open to anyone, but you must pre-book.

Cape Town
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Winchester Manisons

For boutique hotel, try Derwent House. They are highly rated by TA reviewers. My sister and her family stay over regularly and has only good things to say.

http://www.derwenthouse.co.za/

Edited: 04 August 2010, 18:28
Cape Town Central...
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Winchester Manisons

Yes the Winchester Mansions is a traditional beautiful hotel in lovely surroundings and is in the heart of Sea Point right on the beachfront. It is not a modern hotel as such but is beautiful and has a lovely courtyard with a certain charm, where one can have coffee, lunch etc. There are lots of restaurants nearby on the Main Road Sea Point and its a 5 min bus ride to the Waterfront where you have a large choice of restaurants. Its a lovely hotel. Friends of mine stay there whenever they come from overseas. Its not a modern boutique hotel however!

7. Re: Winchester Manisons

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2011, 05:17