We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which hotel in cape town

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
Brooklyn, New York
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
which hotel in cape town

SA tour ends in cape town. so i decided to spend 3 extra days in the city before heading back to the us. wanted to know which hotel you choose that's centrally located to major sites, safe, clean and affordable.

protea president

protea fire and ice

hippo boutique hotel

thanks in advance for your help.

Cape Town
Level Contributor
733 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: which hotel in cape town

I really like the Hippo.

Mark September

Small World Tours

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
6,071 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which hotel in cape town

And I like the Protea Presidednt. Its in Bantry Bay the best area OF cAPE Town. They have a beautiful pool area and if its going to be in Summer I wouldnt consider anything else.

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
8,811 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which hotel in cape town

Don't know your age - Fire & Ice has a definite appeal for younger guests.. Hippo is in the same area - again, great for younger visitors. Both are close to pubs, shops, restaurants. President is rather stately and walking distance to neighborhood cafes, pubs, shops and as mentioned above, in a good neighborhood.

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
6,071 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which hotel in cape town

And on the Waterfront bus route and 2 minutes from Camps Bay and 2 minutes from Mouille Point in the other direction.

Brooklyn, New York
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: which hotel in cape town

thanks for the feedback. mid-30s.

McGregor, South...
Level Contributor
2,847 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: which hotel in cape town

In that case I would certainly go for the Fire and Ice.

Edited: 16 September 2010, 14:46
7. Re: which hotel in cape town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2011, 04:16