We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fire and Ice Hotel

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
Liverpool
Level Contributor
75 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Fire and Ice Hotel

Hiya!

I have booked to stay at this hotel in mid October for 3 nights before a tour starts. But different web sites give 2 different locations, even google maps has it in 2 different places!

Some sites have it located the Green Market Square end of Bree Street and some have it at the completely other end.

Can anyone help?

Baz Bus - Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Hop-On Hop-Off Tours
Lucky and Lost Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
African Blue Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours
Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
2,681 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fire and Ice Hotel

Hi,

Protea Hotel Fire and Ice is situated in Tamboerskloof, corner of New Church and Victoria Street.

Suggest you google it or go to www.proteahotels.com and click on Fire and Ice Hotel, Cape Town.

McGregor, South...
Level Contributor
2,846 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fire and Ice Hotel

The google map location is wrong, as it is on the T/A map listing.

It is (in your words) "at the completely other end" i.e. the southern end of Bree Street - that which is closer to Table Mountain.

Although it makes little difference, the hotel's web site refers to Tamboerskloof - I might have thought the southern end of New Church Street was technically in Gardens ??? and further north in the CBD.

3. Re: Fire and Ice Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2011, 04:17