We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which area to stay in?

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
105 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
which area to stay in?

Hi!

we will be travelling along the Wild Coast and Garden Route in February - March and we will finish our trip with the stop for 3 or 4 days in Cape town.

Now we are choosing where to stay...

we are choosing between:

The Underberg Guesthouse in Tamboerskloof area

17 on Loader Guest House in De Waterkant

La Rose B&B City Bowl

which is the best area?

which place to choose to be the nice, safe area close restaurants and places of interest. where it will not be dangerous to walk around...

Mentioned in this post
Cape Town
Cape Town
Western Cape, South Africa
La Rose Bed & Breakfast
La Rose Bed & Breakfast
490 Reviews
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Derwent House Boutique Hotel
Derwent House Boutique Hotel
#1 of 113 hotels in Cape Town Central
Blackheath Lodge
Blackheath Lodge
#2 of 113 hotels in Cape Town Central
Four Rosmead
Four Rosmead
#6 of 113 hotels in Cape Town Central
London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which area to stay in?

Hi there?

Will you guys have a car? If so I would reccommend Cascades on 52 (www.cascadescollection.com/cascades-on-52/) .... this is in Bantry Bay and we stayed there last year and it is beautiful! All the rooms have the most amazing views. The staff are wonderful too. I highly recommend.

If you do not have a car .... then I would suggest staying close to Seapoint area. I know that Cascades have opened a new hotel down there called Cascedes on the Promenade (cascadescollection.com/cascades-on-the-prome…). This is a great value chic boutique hotel. I have heard great things about the bistro at the hotel so defo advise checking it out.

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which area to stay in?

Out of those you have asked about 17 on Loader in De Waterkant would be safe easy to walk arounD and close to shops restaurants.

McGregor, South...
Level Contributor
2,847 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which area to stay in?

I agree with Diva, 17 on Loader is your best choice. It is located in de Waterkant an attractive and colourful neighbourhood with easy access to a variety of restaurants and shops. There is also 24 hour security guards patrolling the streets throughout 'the village'.

4. Re: which area to stay in?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2012, 07:16