We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canal Quays/ De Waterkant

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
England
Level Contributor
561 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Canal Quays/ De Waterkant

Still trying to sort out accommodation, mostly caused by dates changing. We really fancy an apartment and Canal Quays is affordable, as is an apartment at The Rockwell. Can anyone advise if it's safe to walk back from the Waterfront at night to these apartments. I'd read an earlier posting that you had to walk through the dock area to get back to Canal Quays but I get the impression from the websitess you can walk back safely along the canal.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jim

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Western Cape, Cape Town Central
Level Contributor
3,975 posts
552 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canal Quays/ De Waterkant

I wouldn't walk back to the Rockwell at night. However, taxis are very cheap and readily available at the waterfront. Will be less than 5 minutes. I wouldn't let it put you off staying there.

Lisa

England
Level Contributor
561 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Canal Quays/ De Waterkant

Thanks Lisa,

We have the chance to get an apartment either in Juliette or Gulmarn that falls within our budget and they both look great locations. What's your opinion and do you have any views on an apartment in Quayside 903 as we can get this much cheaper?

Thanks again,

Jim

McGregor, South...
Level Contributor
2,846 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Canal Quays/ De Waterkant

Juliette and Gulmarn are much better located than Quayside. If you want to be close to the V&A Waterfront go for it!

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,982 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Canal Quays/ De Waterkant

Juliette is good as there is 24hrs security at the entrance and it is right at the waterfront and a few minutes walk away. However I wouldnt advise you walking to Canal Quays - you will need to get a taxi there but its not far away. I prefer the situation of Juliete. Its also very near to "Beluga" and to the Green Point Main Road.

5. Re: Canal Quays/ De Waterkant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2012, 07:22
Get answers to your questions about Cape Town Central