We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clothes reccomendation

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
houston
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
Save Topic
Clothes reccomendation

Traveling in March to CAPE...What type of clothes will be better...Is shorts, skirts will be fine...Or it will be little windy..2nd week of march.

Thanks.

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,979 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clothes reccomendation

Bind - by the time you get her you will have covered every single topic there is to cover on a trip so lets hope your trip with all the hundreds of questions and answers you have will be good. Maybe you should meet up with some of us D/E's who have given you all the answers over the year ha ha!!!!

Nobody knows about the wind. NORMALLY March is NOT a windy month BUT this year we have had wind every single month. Normally March is a great time of the year. Shorts, tshirts sleeveless and with short sleeve, skirts, pants for evening or dress and pashmina - I assume by you asking about skirts youre referring to women. Bring a LIGHT WEIGHT JACKET TOOOOOOO! NO BOOTS OR WINTER WOOLIES NECESSARY!!!! AND we do have shops here so if you need a cardigan you can go and buy one - whats your next question now. I think by this stage you will have covered it. How many pairs of panties????? About 4-5 so you can wash them out every day 2-3 bras, 2 bikinis or bathing costumes cause we dont want to see you in the same bikini every day - (I'm only joking ha ha ha!!!!!)

Dartford, United...
Level Contributor
129 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clothes reccomendation

If you go to Sandy Bay you wont have to worry about being seen in the same bikini.

No safari suits - unless on safari, no pith helmets, and you maybe suprised at this one...the shops in Cape Town sell more than leopard skins and Madiba shirts, so if you need anything you can get them, the same goes for tooth paste, razors etc....lol

Cape Town, South...
Destination Expert
for Cape Town Central
Level Contributor
902 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Clothes reccomendation

I've heard of the following been done, so maybe you can consider it. Bring clothes that you are most likely to give away after the trip. That way you have a lot of extra space for shopping goods.

If you have any old clothing which you would want to donate please bring it along. There is a need for such...

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,215 posts
1,448 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clothes reccomendation

LOL, just bring some clothes !!

I always pack a light weight jacket when travelling to Capetown as the winds sometimes can be extra breezy.

houston
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Clothes reccomendation

OMG!!!R u guys DE or here making fun of other people..Never expect this type of rudeness from ya'll..Anyway thanks...Divacape you're not to be a deserving DE...You get irritrate from people so quicky I had experienced before as well...Leave this if you can't handle it.

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,979 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Clothes reccomendation

Bind - I think you should be grateful for all the questions we have answered - each and everyone of them over the months - obviously your English is not that good because if you had read my post correctly you would have seen that I answered the questions that you asked about your shorts your skirts and the wind and I was then "pulling your leg". You obviously dont have much of a sense of humour. And tell me something what do you think we get being a D/E - we give of our time and money to everyone. We dont get paid for being D/e's - we help freely, so perhaps reread all your posts over the past year and look at each and every question I have answered. I dont think you have a right to criticise me.

Harrow, United...
Level Contributor
2,071 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Clothes reccomendation

Bind - you seem to have asked numerous questions which, with a little bit of research, you would have found have been answered many times before. The SA DEs, including divacape, are amongst the very best on TA. Having visited your wonderful home city of Houston on numerous occasions over the last 20 years you know, almost better than anyone else, how difficult the weather is to predict. Chill, my man.

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,979 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Clothes reccomendation

Bind - I have looked back and seen that you started asking questions about Cape Town since June last year and I think I have answered and helped you with almost every question you have asked so personally I dont think YOU have a right to criticise ME!

This is what another poster had to say to me in response to her question - Which area with a 1 year old?

I quote "thanks Divacape, your replies are always comprehensive and thorough which I appreciate. "!

houston
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Clothes reccomendation

Thanks for all ur help...I won't bother u agin...I truly understand I asked silly questions couple of times....U r an expert for that area so u won't understand if we don't know the ABCD for the city these questions arise itself...Anyway no offense..TC

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
2,678 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Clothes reccomendation

Hi Bind,

I think your questions have reached saturation point so that is the reason for the sarcasm. Only God knows whether it will be windy second week in March; we as DE's certainly don't.

Surely you have travelled before and know that the best way to pack is to take the minimum of clothes (no need to go naked) and make sure fabrics are easy-care. Lightweight for March recommended but also one warm jacket.

In case you are concerned that others might see your panties, please don't bother with skirts - a gust of wind might cause embarrassment.