We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Extremely allergic to wine

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
Lompoc, California
Level Contributor
73 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Extremely allergic to wine

End of September I will be with a tour that provides the group a full day cape peninsula tour and a half day of cape town and table mountain. Being allergic to wine and having been the desinated driver many times here in California wine country, I am skipping the full day wine tour.

I will have a free day and a half while in Cape town. What are your suggestions. I am a woman over 55 and fairly energtic.

Cape Town Helicopters
Helicopter Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Air Tours
Baz Bus - Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Hop-On Hop-Off Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Bus Tours
City Sightseeing
City Tours, Hop-On Hop-Off Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Cape Convoy
Shark Diving, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Extremely allergic to wine

Hi there

You can always make use of the Hop on Hop off bus system and travel to Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, some nice hilink trails there. And also further in Houtbay they have a township tour, also on the Hop on Hop off bus where you can do this tour on a bycicle with the locals. A visit to the World of Birds is also on that route, including Camps Bay. For more details about the bus: www.citysightseeing.co.za . Or on a more energetic note you can do paragliding from Lions Head or Abseiling from Table Muontain.

Hank - Ulungele Tours / http://www.ulungeletours.co.za

Kent
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Extremely allergic to wine

The Cape Peninsular tour is not really a wine tour, it's a scenic drive, plenty of beaches, view points, wildlife, local fish & quaint towns.

Belfast
Level Contributor
1,965 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Extremely allergic to wine

atenaspike - Hank has on this and your other post given you some great tips for energetic outdoor activities but I note that you only have a half day tour of the city and that includes TM. Central Cape Town has a lot to offer in terms of interesting culture and history that will greatly reward more than just a few hours. Obviously it depends upon one's own interests but I can recommend the District Six museum for a perspective on one aspect of recent Cape Town history, the SA National Gallery for old and new art, the Castle for older history and the V&A Waterfront for simply wandering around shops. Finally if you like gardens, do not miss Kirstenbosch

Belfast
Level Contributor
1,965 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Extremely allergic to wine

BTW - I forgot to add

Even if you don't like wine a trip to the Cape Winelands area can be very rewarding. Vineyards can be very pretty and the mountain scenery is really lovely. There are many good restaurants for lunch and many wine estates do picnics. Stellenbosch and Franschhoek can both offer attractions to the non-wine lover. There are also some wine estates that offer very non-wine based things to do such as petting the cheetahs at Spier or duck walking at Hartenberg

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
33,050 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Extremely allergic to wine

The olives and cheeses, as well as the food and scenery, are superb.

BUt, as said, you might not go anywhere near the Winelands on a Peninsula tour.

I think you need to obtain the details of the itinerary.

New York
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
1,580 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Extremely allergic to wine

A trip to Robben Island if it is not already included in your itinerary.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
33,050 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Extremely allergic to wine

^^^^

I think they are also prone to seasickness!

8. Re: Extremely allergic to wine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 08:18