We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suitable clothing for September on the garden route !!

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
accrington
1 post
Save Topic
suitable clothing for September on the garden route !!

As first timers to South africa - east and west cape in September . Any advice whether shorts and t shirts as opposed warmer clothing ??

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
3,217 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: suitable clothing for September on the garden route !!

Hi there

I would say make provision for a little bit of both. Pack some things for summer but add something with a little bit of warmth in as well. The weather can sometimes be a little bit unpredictable in our ereas.

Hank - Ulungele Tours and Safari's.

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
6,164 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: suitable clothing for September on the garden route !!

When in September - beginning or end?

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Western Cape, Cape Town Central
Level Contributor
4,715 posts
608 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: suitable clothing for September on the garden route !!

Definitely both and maybe a raincoat! I am sure that you will experience all seasons on your holiday!

Edited: 13 August 2011, 15:44
George, South Africa
Level Contributor
119 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: suitable clothing for September on the garden route !!

Definitely warmer clothing. You might get a couple of days where you can wear jeans/tshirt, but September is still quite frisky (okay, for Europeans this may be nice weather, but for a South African its cold! :))

Esp Garden route only starts to heat up around November.. then great weather from end Jan-to early April.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: suitable clothing for September on the garden route !!

Hi there,

I have been on the Garden Route as late as November and been chilly - especially in the evenings - so I would recommend the layer approach. Bring a range of thinner layers that can be worn together or separately depending on the far ranging weather. Also, don't forget your versatile wet wear.

Have a great time,

Sarah Nelson

http://rentalsincapetown.com/

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,488 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: suitable clothing for September on the garden route !!

We are having a cold winter this year. I recommend warmer stuff, although shorts might happen.

7. Re: suitable clothing for September on the garden route !!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 04:15