We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Removing fraudulent posts

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Removing fraudulent posts

This question is to the TA Staff. How do you remove fraudulent postings! I have found many examples and they are still up, although clearly fraudulent. thanks!

Hazyview, South...
Level Contributor
3,758 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Removing fraudulent posts

If you are an establishment owner/manager, go to the owners section and you can post your question on the owner's forum.

Klaus

-Owner Abangane-

Hazyview

Edited: 25 August 2011, 08:21
cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,979 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Removing fraudulent posts

Or write to Trip Advisor

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Removing fraudulent posts

Hi,

Divacape, I am not aware of the fact that you can "write" or send an email to TA.

I think posts can only be deleted by giving a reason under "Report inappropriate content".

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,979 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Removing fraudulent posts

You can write to them for sure - I have on one occassion!

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
381 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Removing fraudulent posts

Actually Tripadvisor has to be one of the most difficult enterprises to contact to actually liaise with someone over any dispute – it is quite diabolical.

If it is a dispute over a review, you may use the following email:

userreviewsupport@tripadvisor.com

If you have a Tripadvisor userid then you can send a message directly to the userid that has supposedly written a fraudulent review. If you don’t get any response from them, then you are already halfway to proving a fake review.

Good luck – it is tiresome work, but it is more important to keep this site free from nonsense.

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,979 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Removing fraudulent posts

This is copied from NOAH:

How to Contact TripAdvisor ”

Jul 21, 2010, 1:28 PM

Destination Expert What's this?

for TripAdvisor Support

1. If you are an owner/employee of a listed business and your question is about your listing or reviews of your business - then you need to use the links in your Owner's Center to contact them. If you are unsure which link to use, use the Owner’s Forum tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i14281-Owners.h… to ask which is best.

2. If you have a question on how to find something on TripAdvisor, how to use the website itself, or what form to use to add or correct information, please post your question here in the Support Forum. For other business that requires TripAdvisor staff , use the "contact us" or "email us" links found in the Help Center. To find the right one:

- Go to the Help Center (link at the bottom of every page)

- Click on the category close to what you need

- Click on a topic page close to your issue

If the topic page itself doesn't already answer your question, there will be a contact-us link or email-us link in the text. (except for owners' issues)

If you cannot find a topic close to what you need to contact TA over - post your general question in the Support forum at tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12105-TripAdvi…

and ask for help. One of the regular posters will be able to answer your question or refer you to a link or other resource than can help.

The Support Forum set up for asking general questions on how the site works, how to find things on the site and how to use its features. For most cases, you will get a faster answer regarding a general how-to question by posting in this forum. The support forum is at: tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12105-TripAdvi…

Suggestions to improve the website service, and feedback about the site may be be posted in “Help Us Make TripAdvisor Better forum” (aka HUMTAB) at: tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12104-Help_us_…

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
381 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Removing fraudulent posts

Diva - just try this procedure yourself. Its a load of blah blah that directs you from one page to another without actually giving you a contact to actually question and resolve something. Believe me - I know! You can find ways if you are patient. The OP can private message me if they dont have any joy.

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,979 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Removing fraudulent posts

Crox - i did try it once! I know it was a mission but i got a response from them

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
1,802 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Removing fraudulent posts

I've contacted TA directly on a number of issues (similar to this one), and always received a very direct, honest reply from a real human. It wasn't possible to resolve one or two items (because certain neferious activities can't be proven but can be watched), but TA's intentions were always good.

I found the contact info on the main forums page, but it is a little hidden.

If need be, I could PM the contact details of the relevant person/team (won't do so on open forum).

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Removing fraudulent posts

Hi Bushkido,

Could you just give us the information which appears on the main forum page.

That should suffice - no need to name individuals.

Thanks.