We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

western cape: where to stay?

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
malta
Level Contributor
80 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
western cape: where to stay?

Hi experts please suggest where to stay? As we've been searching for an 'on the beach place' with use of a pool for 2 pensioners to celebrate retirement on our 1st trip to CT from 28th Dec to 12th jan and I' m soooo tired and need to conclude .Had some lovely replies but not found the right place yet.

We've looked from Clifton [but no shops to buy food and wine [!] ]down to Hout Bay. On 'Capestay' found Mouille Point. Has anyone stayed there?

We'd thought of staying in 3 places.tne for 9 Days near the sights of CT and in Stellasbosch for 1 night in bb , and in Simon's Town for 5 days.

Do you think this is an appropriate schedule?

We don't want to hire a car unless necessary?

Would love to hear your ideas.

Many thanks

lesley

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
3,067 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: western cape: where to stay?

Hi there Lesley

Mouille Point will be ideal for you. Village and Life, which is a company that i love, have self catering apartments on the beach road. Within walking distance to the Waterfront and just at the back you have a park for some nice afternoon walks too. Also within minutes away you have the beach walk too. Shops is very close by for groceries and also very good restaurants. They also have a pool where you can relax too. Have a look at there website, www,villageandlife.com , for more info.

Regards

Hank - Ulungele Tours & Safari's

malta
Level Contributor
80 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: western cape: where to stay?

Hi Hank you're so kind replying quickly. I checked all properties with 'VILLAGE AND LIFE' [GREAT SITE TO USE] but I couldn't find anything under 2000 a night because it's the festive period I guess? So might have to go to option 2 and 3 1st[ that is Stellabosch and Simon's Town

] then to the Mouille or Camps Bay area last.

Though Camps Bay looks lovelier than Mouille Pointe!

many thanks for your suggestions..

Lesley

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
3,067 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: western cape: where to stay?

Hi Lesley

I just had a look at there Camps Bay Resort, they have Studio's, classic and superior from R1700 to R1900 per night. Much better, closer to the shops and very close to the beach front too. That is also during there peak season too with the prices that i have shown and if you book for a long stay you will be able to get a further discount. For more info for accommodation for Stellenbosch and Simons Town, you can have a look at: www.safarinow.com and also www.capetown-direct.com .

Regards

Hank - Ulungele Tours & Safari's

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
678 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: western cape: where to stay?

we toyed with the idea of central cape town or camps bay for some time but were so pleased we chose camps bay and are heading back there this year. although we didn't stay on the beach, we stayed at bay atlantic just 5-10 mins walk downhill with sea views. Highly recommend camps bay as a resort, a nice vibe about it and it's great having a beach and mountains.

5. Re: western cape: where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 20:16