We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Town to Hermanus- Lunch at a Good Vineyard?

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
fensterbattersea
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Cape Town to Hermanus- Lunch at a Good Vineyard?

Hello

we are planning the finer details of our trip in November...

Currently we have 4 nights in cape town, 2 nights in hermanus and then 2 days 2 nights in Stellenbosch and fly out the next day....

the accomodation is fixed...

and we were just wondering whether someone could recommend a Vineyard with good reputation for wine, food, views etc that we could visit for lunch on route from

cape town to hermanus? even it means a detour...

thanks in advance

Hamburg
Level Contributor
355 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape Town to Hermanus- Lunch at a Good Vineyard?

Travelled this rout a few times but according to my opinion the choice is limited.

If it was on a Sunday (lunch only on that day) I would highly recommend "The Restaurant" at Waterkloof Wine Estate. You have to make a small detour (the trip anyhow is a quite short one only) through Somerset West to the Vineyard. It's worth it and you will be rewarded with magnicifient views to False Bay. Food (last Year) was excellent.

I guess that there should be more opportunities on the other Wine Estates around Helderberg.

If you drive to Hermanus on the much more scenic R 44 you will pass through Kleinmond. Go into harbour road on your right and you will come to "The Shellfish Bar", something very different, not fine dining at all ,rather very rustic but very fresh fish and the location directly at the seaboard is next to nothing.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
18 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape Town to Hermanus- Lunch at a Good Vineyard?

I would recommend the Heaven restuarant at Newton Johnson winery in the Hemel and Aarde valley close to Hermanus. The views are amazing and the food super! Not bad wine either :-)

3. Re: Cape Town to Hermanus- Lunch at a Good Vineyard?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11 October 2011, 15:47
Edited: 11 October 2011, 15:47
4. Re: Cape Town to Hermanus- Lunch at a Good Vineyard?

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 13 October 2011, 15:27
Edited: 13 October 2011, 15:27
Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
8,529 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cape Town to Hermanus- Lunch at a Good Vineyard?

I posted - and have removed - a pretty crusty criticism of Heaven based on my one bad experience there. Wasn't fair to them - since it was a one-time, just-me episode.

6. Re: Cape Town to Hermanus- Lunch at a Good Vineyard?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 19:19