We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Merry Christmas

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
Belfast
Level Contributor
1,965 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Merry Christmas

Yes a very merry Christmas and a happy New Year to all the DE's and regulars on this forum

Hang on a minute ! this forum is not supposed to be for such things so in an effort to avoid the unwanted rage of the TA police can I just say that if you are thinking of going to Cape Town or SA next year then do it - it really is a lovely place and that's the best travel advice you'll get this year (all 8 days of it)

Edited: 22 December 2011, 18:28
Los Altos, CA
Level Contributor
609 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Merry Christmas

Ha ha divacape that particular video is MORE than 30 years old - 1978! He was amazing then and still great now (he's touring again in 2012). Yes, we are that old I guess, but still going strong!

Cape Town
Level Contributor
10,081 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Merry Christmas

Bruce Springsteen!!

I remember when this was the "Christmas Number One". Although it might (hopefully) have been second time around!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJSUT8Inl14

Berkhamsted, United...
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas one and all!

Los Altos, CA
Level Contributor
609 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Merry Christmas

Ah, that was a great one too, Van_de_Caab!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
224 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Merry Christmas

Hi Klaus:

Wishing you a very merry christmas! Visiting you while in Hazeyview was the highlight of our trip. I still want to come back and stay at your beautiful home.

The best to you,

Linda

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
332 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Merry Christmas

We also want to wish everybody a Merry Christmas and a Wonderful New Year.

Rudie and Agnes

Felleng Tours

McGregor, South...
Level Contributor
2,845 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Merry Christmas

...and let me add my Christmas Greetings to you all and wishes for an even happier and better 2012 from a hot, peaceful and relaxing McGregor. For those who have not visited (or know where it is) do put it on your itinerary for the next time....

“Founded in1861 and counted as one of the Cape’s best preserved 19th Century towns, the quaint country village of McGregor is situated in the valley of Wine and Roses, 2hours drive from Cape Town on the ‘road to nowhere’. Home to wineries, excellent restaurants, Donkey Sanctuary, potters and many talented artists, McGregor is a gentle unspoilt place surrounded by mountains and reminiscent of a bygone era – crystal clear air, star studded nights, the old stone lei water channels still supplying water to timeworn whitewashed thatched cottages silhouetted against cloudless bluer than blue skies.”

(See: www.tourismmcgregor.co.za and www.mcgrregorvillage.co.za for more information)

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,975 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Merry Christmas

Macsym - Merrry Xmas and a Happy New Year. One of these not so fine days when the weather is not too fine I think we should take a drive out to McGregor - never been!

New York
Level Contributor
2,314 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Merry Christmas

Just spent part of the afternoon trying to figure out how to afford yet another trip to SA. Perhaps Santa......

McGregor, South...
Level Contributor
2,845 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Merry Christmas

You don't know what you'r missing! Happy Christmas Diva!