We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner at gold restaurant and langa township?

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
58 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner at gold restaurant and langa township?

Was doing some research before our trip to south Africa and wanted some advice on the Langa township and dinner at the gold museum. We are traveling with children and these sound like amazing experiences for our children, just wanted some feedback.

Kelowna, BC
Level Contributor
171 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner at gold restaurant and langa township?

We did not go to Gold Restaurant - wish we had! We did do a tour of Langa Township and that was probably the best thing we did in Cape Town. It was uplifting - we went with Nathi from Sivewe Tours and he did a great job. You can pm me if you'd like more info.

Gros Morne National...
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner at gold restaurant and langa township?

We used Sivewe Tours as well. Very good tour. They ask you to meet them at the red building off the highway but we parked in front of the visitors center there is ample parking there.

Kelowna, BC
Level Contributor
171 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner at gold restaurant and langa township?

We didn't have a car so they picked us up at our B&B in Sea Point. Very good service and not that expensive for what we got.

Cape Town, South...
Destination Expert
for Cape Town Central
Level Contributor
902 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner at gold restaurant and langa township?

Dining at the gold museum is always a great experience. Do try and book for the drumming session as well.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
287 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dinner at gold restaurant and langa township?

I was on the Gold Restaurant website and I couldn't find the cost of their 15 course tasting menu. Does anyone know what we should expect to pay?

Arlington VA
Level Contributor
159 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dinner at gold restaurant and langa township?

I was just reading through some reviews of the restaurant on TA and someone mentioned around $40 without drinks. Contact info is there also.

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,978 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dinner at gold restaurant and langa township?

I called for you. According to them and I posted this before checking. Its R260 per person - 14 courses and apparantely some live performance of puppets. Havnt looked yet but they said the menu is on the website www.goldrestaurant.co.za

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
61 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dinner at gold restaurant and langa township?

Hi! I read with interest your post regarding Langa Township and would appreciate some more info. Is the tour part car/bus and part on foot as you mentioned they picked you up? Did you do the tour with children? Was there anytime you felt not secure? Did you have to visit a number of souvenir /craft shops and obliged to purchase?

thanks.

Avila Beach...
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dinner at gold restaurant and langa township?

I did a tour to Langa and I also highly recommend it. I had a private tour guide who picked me up at my B& B in Green Point, but once we were in Langa a local resident took over the tour. It was tailored to our timeframe and included a walking and driving tour, breakfast in a shebeen, a visit to a residence and a talk at the community center. There were only a couple of opportunities to buy things - once at a small t-shirt shop and once at a small craft market on the street, but there was no pressure to purchase anything and we could have skipped them all together. Completely safe and everyone was friendly and helpful.

10. Re: Dinner at gold restaurant and langa township?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 May 2012, 16:35
Edited: 13 May 2012, 16:35