We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to eat

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
25 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Places to eat

Hey,

Any recommendations for places to eat while in Cape Town, baring in mind i'm a veggie and hubbie loves his meat.

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to eat

Why not look on the left hand side of the Cape Town forum & click on "restaurants"? You will have a full selection of what's liked, & disliked by TA members.

Failing that, try http://www.dining-out.co.za/ or http://www.eatout.co.za/.

Happy eating!

Los Altos, CA
Level Contributor
642 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to eat

Nicola, I'm in the same boat (vegetarian with meat-loving husband and 13-yr-old). Plus another kid, age 10, who barely eats anything but is also vegetarian! If you find some good places that fit your needs, can you post them as I'd like to know as well! When are you going? We're going in June.

Edited: 03 April 2012, 21:03
Los Altos, CA
Level Contributor
642 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to eat

I should add that I did make a list of restaurants I thought we should try when there, but I don't recall the menus of all of them. I must have thought they would at least have something that I and the rest of the family would like with all our varied tastes:

Africa Cafe - has drumming, face painting, singing and vegan menu (plus non-vegan menu too I think?)

Beleza

Millers Thumb

Societi Bistro?

Willoughby & Co?

Bizerca?
Savoy Cabbage?

Here is a resources I've also found - I notice from here that the restaurant Signals at the Cape Grace has a 5-course vegan tasting menu, that sounds fun!

vegansa.com/dining-out-area-western-cape.php

Gros Morne National...
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
1,662 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to eat

The Round House, The Planet, and La Mouette were all highlights for me.

Edited: 03 April 2012, 21:49
Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
25 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to eat

We will arrive on the 21st April for 4 days.

How about you?

I'll def keep you updated, i must do a bit more searching as well.

Oh roll on.

6. Re: Places to eat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2013, 13:31
Los Altos, CA
Level Contributor
642 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Places to eat

Nicola, we arrive in S. Africa on June 10 and leave on the evening of June 29, but just the last 4 nights are in Cape Town, so June 25 is our arrival day there. Have a great time, and do report back!

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,979 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Places to eat

Nicola it also depends where youre staying. Most places dont have great vegetarian options in Cape Town. Oh of course they have salads, and pizzas and a vegetarian pasta and thats about it as far as main courses go. You will always find something though even if 2 hors doeuvres. If hubby loves his meat suggest you go to a good restaurant for good meat (I assume you mean steak) and then you can always get something for yourself but if you go to a mainly fish place the steak wont be good. Also lots of places serve sushi too (vegetarian sushi). La Mouette always has a vegetarian option for their tasting menu.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,343 posts
5,579 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Places to eat

We ate at Arnolds three times during our stay in early 2011. Its a rarity for us to eat at the seam place twice when traveling, Arnolds got us three times. Here is our review (w/pics of the food) if useful.

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

Definitely recommend you try one meal at Nando's as well. Wow! Seriously chicken, puts KFC to absolute shame, loved the sauce so much we bought 4 extra bottles to take home. Review (w/pictures) below.

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

A fun seafood place we ate at as well was Ocean Basket, lots of options, pretty good stuff.

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

Other meals were not particularly worthy of recommending. These were.

10. Re: Places to eat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 02:40