We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shamwari Game Reserve with 10 year old?

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
Bexley, United...
Level Contributor
203 posts
172 reviews
Save Topic
Shamwari Game Reserve with 10 year old?

Really like the idea of a malaria free game reserve.

Shamwari seems to tick all our boxes

I am expecting it to be expensive though,as we arent travelling until next year i cant seem to get an idea of pricing.

Has anyone any idea on costing? Also how many days/nights would be better to go for? Was thinking 5 days. Dont think we would need a week unless we combined our stay in another part of SA.

If Shawari is unrealistic is terms of pricing(for 1 ad and 1 child) is there any other malaria free reserves? Someone at work had been to Rippons?? The msot important thing is malaria free and safety. Not too worried about the type of accomodation,a tent would be more than acceptable.

Thanks for any assistance you can give this complete novice!

1. Re: Shamwari Game Reserve with 10 year old?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2012, 17:48
Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
8,671 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shamwari Game Reserve with 10 year old?

There are numerous safari camps and lodges in the Eastern Cape, with Shamwari and Kwandwe being the two most expensive. Also the best? Well, these are large private reserves, which suggests you will have a better sense of being in 'the wild' than you might at smaller ones.

Madikwe is a huge reserve northwest of Johannesburg with quite a number of lodges - and it is also malaria free.

Dave Patterson - Owner - The Africa Safari

Bexley, United...
Level Contributor
203 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shamwari Game Reserve with 10 year old?

Thank you for the replies.

What is Sibuya Lodge like? Looking at the website it appears you hav to pay extra for the game drives?

4. Re: Shamwari Game Reserve with 10 year old?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2012, 17:48
Bexley, United...
Level Contributor
203 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shamwari Game Reserve with 10 year old?

Wow, Pumba also looks amazing. i think im spoiled for choice !

Thanks colin

Port Elizabeth
Level Contributor
326 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Shamwari Game Reserve with 10 year old?

Do you perhaps know why I choose to live here !!!

I run a tour company and get to visit them all.

I have the best job in the World.

Bexley, United...
Level Contributor
203 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shamwari Game Reserve with 10 year old?

Lucky you Colin. I have relatives in Port Elizabeth but havent seen them for about 25 years.

Ive emailed Shamwari,Pumba and Sibuya direct .

Port Elizabeth
Level Contributor
326 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Shamwari Game Reserve with 10 year old?

All are great.

Don't worry too much which one you choose, you will be back next year and can try another one.

Once you have Africa in your blood you will just keep returning.

Bexley, United...
Level Contributor
203 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shamwari Game Reserve with 10 year old?

Well Ive had 2 quotes so far. Big difference between the two.....

10. Re: Shamwari Game Reserve with 10 year old?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 21:42