We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Robben Island Ferry

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
Dublin
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Robben Island Ferry

Hi,

I am visiting Cape Town with my husband in Sep and we are planning on visiting Robben Island. At the moment we have scheduled this for the last day of our trip- I am just wondering if you could provide me with some information on the frequency of cancellations of the ferry in Sep? I know it is very much weather dependent.

Thanks,

Elaine

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
2,934 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Robben Island Ferry

Hi there

The cancellation policy of the ferry depends on the weather though. Should the boat get cancelled because of the weather, then you will be fully refunded if you can not do it on another day. And because of the fact that you will do it on your last day, you will not have another day available. Is no other day before available for you to do it on?

Best Regards

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

Malta
Level Contributor
83 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Robben Island Ferry

Apparently refunds are made by wire transfer to your bank account meaning that there's a possiblity your bank will charge you when you receive the money.

Dublin
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Robben Island Ferry

Thanks Hank. I was just really wondering if you could advise me if the weather is usually bad in Sep and if there are usually cancellations of the ferry? Thanks.

4. Re: Robben Island Ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 22:18