We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What happened to our Destination Experts?

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
Kelowna, BC
Level Contributor
170 posts
142 reviews
Save Topic
What happened to our Destination Experts?

All I see is lisasplaces - and I don't recall seeing a post from lisasplaces. What about divacape and all the others?

Newbury, United...
Level Contributor
251 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What happened to our Destination Experts?

You'll find some of the other Destination Experts on the Cape Town forum rather than the Cape Town Central forum. I still don't understand why we have two forums for Cape Town - I believe divacape tried to get it changed, but can't be sure of the outcome.

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,975 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What happened to our Destination Experts?

Yeah I tried and I tried and I cannot for the life of me figure out why they have done this. To be honest, I have been overseas for a month so I have been busy with the Dubai, Los Angeles and Tel Aviv Forums

Kelowna, BC
Level Contributor
170 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What happened to our Destination Experts?

Welcome back divacape! We missed you. Hope you had a good time

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,975 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What happened to our Destination Experts?

Great seeing my granddaughter who turned a year. Hadnt seen her since she was born. Luckily I will see her again in 6 weeks time when I go to Israel!! Ok so it would be nice to get some new questions for a change. SIck of the same old same old!

Belfast
Level Contributor
1,965 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What happened to our Destination Experts?

Chris - I still post now and again - I might add that I use the Western Cape Forum as my entry point as that covers both of the Cape Town ones and lots more

PS - Hi Diva

London, United...
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
648 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What happened to our Destination Experts?

Hi Belfastman and Diva. Miss you both..

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
3,589 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What happened to our Destination Experts?

no news from Van de Caab then, I often wonder what happened to him, he certainly was a mine of info.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
648 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What happened to our Destination Experts?

Maybe TA should select new DEs - gem166 you could certainly become one as you have made loads of helpful suggestions.

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,975 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What happened to our Destination Experts?

T/A have really messed up these Cape Town forums. Why they did this without asking the D/E's I will never know. There shouldn't even be a Camps Bay forum. Everything should be under Cape Town or as BTM says W cape. I also think that Vde should be taken off as a D/E because for some strange reason which I cannot fathom out he is not interested anynmore. Its almost a year since he posted and there r people who should or could step in as a D/E

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Western Cape, Cape Town Central
Level Contributor
3,252 posts
514 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What happened to our Destination Experts?

Hi Diva

Welcome back from your holidays! So glad you had a good time and enjoyed your grand daughter :)

Lisa