Thanks Trip Advisor members for answering my questions for planning trip to Cape Town.
Here is our trip report:
We stayed in Westin hotel. This was a very good hotel with elaborate breakfast, and free shuttle to V&A waterfront every 30 minutes.
We arrived around 6:00 PM at the hotel. Immediately after checkin we took free shuttle to V&A waterfront. We enjoyed Ferris wheel, roamed in the area, had a thai quick dinner and came back.
First day, we had booked a tour with African Blue with David. We started around 12:30 PM. We went to City hall, fort, District 6 Museum, District 6 area drive through, Amazing Kirstenbosch gardens, Bo-Kaap, Wine tasting at Groot Constantia winery, Maiden's cove, Camps Bay, and finally ending the sunset at Signal hill around 8:30 PM.
Second day, we had booked a Cape peninsula tour with Discovery tour (see my reviews on Discovery tour). We went around peninsula, boulders for penguins, Cape point, Cape of good hope, Hout bay, Clifton, and ended the day with stunning views from chapman's peak.
Third day, we took a taxi to Green Mkt square for souvenirs bargain shopping, then took another taxi to Compnay gardens, then to Table mountain, and finally to Two ocean's aquarium. We ended the day with strolling around V&A waterfront and shuttle back to our hotel.
1) We have visited many botanical gardens but Kirtenbosch is unique and very beautiful. Do not miss it.
2) Visibility from Table mountain is very unpredictable. Buy ticket online which is valid for 14 days and be on standby when day is clear. The ticket is refundable after a min charge. The cable car takes about 62 (I think) people so lines clear up fast.
3) We didn't keep a spare day for enjoyin at Camp's bay (and other) beaches, you should do that.
4) Unlike many wineries, kids are allowed, so it was easier to have kids with you while you taste. For a small amount, you are allowed to taste 5 wines at Constantia winery.
5) Sunset from Signal hill was awesome. We started our day late so that we could see sunset.
6) Spend time in District 6 museum to understand history and then drive around current district 6 area. This is very interesting.
7) Green market square is very good for bargain shopping of African handicrafts etc. Do bargain to get good deals.
8) We have seen many aquariums but found many new fishes in this one. As they say it it has sea creatures from both Atlantic and Indian ocean.
9) We had evalauted HOHO buses but booked organized tours to save time. But HOHO was very popular there.
10) Amazing views from Maiden's cove and Chapman's peak drive. We spent quite a bit time at each places.