We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourist Visa

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
north yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
135 reviews
Save Topic
Tourist Visa

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a 6 months tourist visa for UK residents. Having looked at the appropriate web site it is not clear. I know you can stay for 3 months but we might want to stay longer - can't stand this weather in the winter - it's snowing in North Yorkshire as I speak. Makes my old bones ache!!!

Naracoorte
Level Contributor
2,861 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tourist Visa

A retired couple from the UK on the Sanparks Forum spend at least 3 months in South Africa each year. I think this year they had trouble getting a visa for longer than 3 months sorted prior to travel and had to go to Pretoria to apply for an extended 6 month one. I believe they are in their fourth month now so it must have been approved.

If you send me a PM I will give you her details on Sanparks and you can join the forum and send her a private message.

South Africa
Level Contributor
1,423 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tourist Visa

You will get. 90 DAYS visitors permit, which you can extend at Home affairs, anywere in SA. no problem, but start soon with that, because it will take some time to get to extend.

There are special ritired visa. Look at services.gov.za/services/…en_ZA

Good luck.

Whangarei, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tourist Visa

We arrived on a three month visa on arrival, and extended it for another three months with no problem (just a mountain of paperwork). Be aware that you need to pick your extension up from the same Homeland Affairs office as you applied for it, very annoying if you plan to travel through SA.

South Africa
Level Contributor
1,423 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tourist Visa

Be aware 90 days is not 3 months!!!!

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
186 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tourist Visa

Must basic visitors visas be arranged prior to arrival or can you get one at the airport at arrival?

Hazyview, South...
Level Contributor
3,784 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tourist Visa

depending on your passport (country).

US citizens are getting their visa stamped on arrival, valid for 90 days, at the airport. No visa prior to arrival required.

Klaus

-Owner Abangane-

Hazyview

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
186 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tourist Visa

Thanks Klaus...I'm from Canada so hope the 90 days will apply. :-)

Hazyview, South...
Level Contributor
3,784 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tourist Visa

silly me, LOL. Never been good in geography!

Just an oversight, sorry,.

Klaus

9. Re: Tourist Visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2014, 05:16