We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Simons Town To Camps Bay

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
Liverpool
Level Contributor
24 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from Simons Town To Camps Bay

Hi, i will be travelling from Simons Town to Camps bay, hopefully by train or bus if possible. I am struggling to find the best way to get there. If anyone could advise me on the most effecient way it would be much appreciated.

Also my partner will be travelling from Cape Town Airport to meet me at Camps Bay, what is the easiest and safest way for her to travel on her own. Thanks

north yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Simons Town To Camps Bay

Hi. Train from Simons Town to CT, cross the square to the micity bus station and (new) bus service to Camps Bay. You have to buy a card for the mycity service which you load with cash and then can use on any route. As far as travelling from the airport is concerned, the micity bus is perfectly safe. Change buses at CT Civic Centre I think. Quite easy. We used it a few times in December, though not the airport run. On the train always get in the metro plus carriages nearest to CT - supposed to be their 1st class but not in a very good state with loads of graffiti and the occasional beggar. I wouldn't use it at night!!!!! but we used them a few times to Kalk Bay and Simonstown. We had a car but if we wanted to have a drink with a meal we took the train and/or bus. By the way we are in our late 60's/early 70's and it was all just a great experience.

Cape Town, South...
Destination Expert
for Cape Town Central
Level Contributor
902 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Simons Town To Camps Bay

The travel time to and from Simonstown is 1 hour. You are advised to use to use the first carriage when traveling from Simonstown and the last carriage of the train( in other words the first one as you enter onto the platform) when traveling from Cape Town.

7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Simons Town To Camps Bay

train would be ok from Kalk bay train station probably faster but I suggest you take bus should be safer...your friend should take private cab straight to camps bay or the citi bus..

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
3,005 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Simons Town To Camps Bay

Depending on how far you will be from the station in Simons Town, you will then have to make your way there and get onto the train. As recommended you will need to make use of the first carriage which is a bit more safer and then make your way in to the City. Upon arrival i would suggest to make use of a taxi which there will be plenty of to get at the station. Your girlfriend can rather book a private transfer and try to book it through your accommodation, sometimes they have suppliers which they can recommend. The price for a private transfer from the Airport to Camps Bay should not exceed R350 for 1person.

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

5. Re: Getting from Simons Town To Camps Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2014, 04:16