We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Town appt

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
190 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Cape Town appt

We are coming to Cape Town for the first time beginning of oct and thinking of renting a appt I have seen one at a good price in the city bowl district any advice on the area would be appreciated is it close to restaurants and a decent area etc thanks for the help

Harare, Zimbabwe
Level Contributor
809 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape Town appt

It really depends where in the city bowl. The inner city itself is not great, but the outskirts are much better. Can you be more specific as to where exactly it is?

Swellendam, South...
Level Contributor
173 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape Town appt

Really agree with madaboutwine - depends HUGELY on where in the city bowl. Let us know and we'll gladly offer advice.

Cape Town
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cape Town appt

In general you are close to restaurants. Loop street and Long Street are lovely. What you need to do is tell me what you want to do in Cape Town. If you need a cheap place then you can find one in many areas. But start with what you want to do. Then let me know.

Regards

Johan Horak

Cape Town Holiday Accommodation Agency

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
190 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cape Town appt

Hi it's the four seasons appt block in buitenkant st .the appt is on the top floor with fantastic views .I am looking for a 1 bed or studio in the centre of things for about £50 per night hopefully with a bit of luxury . staying for 2 weeks and travelling around from Cape Town to hermanus ,cape point etc .we will be hiring a car .thanks for all your help

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
2,959 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cape Town appt

The the apartment block is situated in the side part of Town. It does have 24hr security, and it is fairly close to the Gardens Shopping Center and a few restaurants in the area. From a safety concern i would say you will be just fine. And for also during the day, you will hardly spend any time there because you will out sightseeing.

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
190 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cape Town appt

Is it a easy and safe walk to the waterfront in the evenings to decent restaurants etc .if not what is the best area to look at .its difficult when you have never been to a place before to know the best and safests areas.thanks again.

Harare, Zimbabwe
Level Contributor
809 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cape Town appt

No its quite a long walk to the Waterfront and in fact I wouldn't really recommend it - its more of a taxi ride.

You could try the Mouille Point , on the Atlantic seaboard. Have a look at this link. Its close to the Waterfront.

safarinow.com/destinations/…hub.aspx

Or you could try De Waterkant area as well.

Hillcrest, South...
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cape Town appt

Hi I suggest De Waterkant - its closer to walk into the V&A Waterfront, shopping is excellent for groceries at the Cape Quarter, and the vibe is fun. Lots of cafes and restaurants. You can catch the MyCiti bus network from the Stadium station or the V&A and the HoHo bus is a 10 minute walk to the Aquarium Bus point. Town is ok, but it shuts down a bit at night.

9. Re: Cape Town appt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2014, 04:16