We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great outdoor casual dining at the Waterfront

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
London
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Great outdoor casual dining at the Waterfront

I'm looking for a great casual dining restaurant at the Waterfront...cuisine unimportant (we eat anything good!)

Must be child friendly and ideally be able to sit outside and watch the harbour activity?

Thanks!

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
8,283 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great outdoor casual dining at the Waterfront

Go here - http://www.waterfront.co.za/Pages/home.aspx - and under the category EAT you can see them all. There are numerous cafes at ground level that have outdoor dining.. others have tables on balconies. You could actually wait till you are here and just look at them - pick one that fits your needs.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Western Cape, Cape Town Central
Level Contributor
3,135 posts
506 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great outdoor casual dining at the Waterfront

Hi

I have enjoyed Ocean Basket - great for fish and chips and other things fishy. Or Vevo Telo which is close to the wheel and good for people watching. They do great breakfasts and sandwiches, pastas, pizza, salads at lunchtime. Reasonably priced and fab bread

Lisa

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
12,646 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great outdoor casual dining at the Waterfront

We like Hildebrand which is an Italian restaurant. The food is very good and you get a great view over the harbour.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
2,934 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great outdoor casual dining at the Waterfront

You can also have a look at Moyo, The City Grill and also Belthazar Restaurant. All with a good view of the harbour and a very good atmosphere. I also second Oceans Basket, good views over the pier as well.

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

Berkhamsted, United...
Level Contributor
1,396 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Great outdoor casual dining at the Waterfront

Belthazar doesn't accept children under 12yo. I've had my worst ever Waterfront meals at Hildebrands.

Quay 4 offers both casual (downstairs) or more formal dining (upstairs) overlooking the harbour.

We had a lovely meal outside at Karibu with our 2children although it wasn't cheap.

I haven't been for some years but Balduccis used to offer good dining.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Western Cape, Cape Town Central
Level Contributor
3,135 posts
506 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Great outdoor casual dining at the Waterfront

Sandsy40

I also had my worst ever meal at Quay 4, although it was adequately years ago now. I try and stay away from the Waterfront for food, as I don't find it offers good value and you can better quality elsewhere. Although I did love Vovo Telo in December and I like Willoughbys but wouldn't say it's great for kids

Lisa

Maun, Botswana
Level Contributor
532 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Great outdoor casual dining at the Waterfront

I would go with Hildebrand as well, comfortable, good views, good food

8. Re: Great outdoor casual dining at the Waterfront

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 May 2013, 14:05
9. Re: Great outdoor casual dining at the Waterfront

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Cape Town Central