We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Town suggestion

In cooperation with: Cape Town Tourism
Islip Terrace, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Topic
Cape Town suggestion

My husband and I will be traveling to Cape Town at the end of June. We need recommendations on where to stay, and some great activities. We're from NY, so we're not subjected to sticker shock; we're not really the "clubbing" type, but we are adventurous (skydiving, shark diving, skiing, hiking, rock climbing -anything but camping). Plus, we LOVE the beach, and yes we know it will be too cold to sun bathe and swim. Any suggestions for where we might stay, and some must do activities?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,987 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape Town suggestion

I came across this link on one of my Google travels and I think it’s well set out and most helpful for a future traveller to CT. Rather than me list activities you can do , have a look at that site, especially sections ‘’Activities and Attractions “. (I think the author is a regular poster here)

http://www.cape-town-guide.com/

Aside from CT city sightseeing area attractions e.g. Table Mountain, V and A waterfront, Cape of Good Hope Fort, Signal Hill, Lions Head to name but a few, other places further afield such as the Wine lands, Hout Bay Seal colony, Cape Point Reserve, the Lighthouse via funicular, Chapman’s Peak, Kalk Bay, Boulders Beach Penguin colony are all well worth seeing if time permits.

For accommodation choices the type of establishment depends on your budget, whether you want a self-catering option, vicinity to city or beach, secure parking, nice views etc. More details would help posters to offer appropriate suggestions suitable to your needs.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
2,987 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape Town suggestion

You can choose form The City Center, Tamboerskloof, Green Point, Sea Point, Waterfront, Mouille Point, Bantry Bay and Camps Bay. It will depends on what your budget allows as well, but also it is winter season, so the rates of the accommodation is lower than the summer season. So you can get a special rate in somewhere. From all the things that you can do, there are so many to keep you busy, but it will depends on how many days you will have in the City. From about 4-5days, you can have enough to spread out the activities and fill it all up. You can also go to the activity page here on TA and see what operators can offer you.

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,987 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cape Town suggestion

The choices are endless till it can be be narrowed down as I said in Post 1.We are just guessing and CT has a lot of variety for any international travellers taste. Bit like asking where do I stay in Sydney or NY.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cape Town suggestion

Hi,

I just got back 3 days ago and i'm sad to be home :o(

We stayed at "Place on the bay hotel" in the area of Camps Bay the location was perfect, the city center is beautiful but a little less safe, in Camps Bay you will find everything you need, coffee shops, restaurants, shops, bars and beautiful beach front with amazing mountain views of lion head surrounding you, you are close to table top mountain, cape of good hope, bolder and so much more. even the locals say Camps Bay is the best place to stay.

The hotel was amazing we had 2 floors with 2 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, a private pool, ocean view, living room, kitchen and a dinning room it was fantastic.

we had a driver take us around to visit the university area and the vineyards and he made our trip so much better he was sweet and kind and so knowledgeable, i strongly suggest you find someone to drive you around to see all there is to see...our driver was Alistair he can be reached at 083 290 7930. just one of the nicest people you can ever meet.

hope my posting helped you

good luck i'm sure you will love your trip.

Nat

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Cape Town suggestion
Cape Town Tourism What's this?

Hi we have a great website that you can find accommodation and a full list of activities. www.capetown.travel

We also have a network of Visitor Information Centers to assist with any of your requirements while visiting our city. Visit www.capetown.travel/content/page/contact-us

Content provided by Cape Town Tourism: www.capetown.travel
6. Re: Cape Town suggestion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2014, 06:20